VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

Please redirect if necessary.

I have tried to get some content from dvd with English subtitle into DVDFab Plat using
    the 'Generic' option.

Usually Generic gets me the content made to AVI.

But doing the same dvdfab > generic > plus sutitle select

did not get the subtitle language selected (eng or french)

Looking at the content in DVDD I did not know which files to select.

I would prefer to work in DVDFab.

How can I ge the subtitles to print with the main movie to avi ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. My own follow up here:

A funny thing happened on my way to getting a vob set made in DVDD:

The program said it could not complete putting the files on the HD.

Further experiments with using DVDFab in 'Custom" mode also did not make the desired avi file with ENG subtitles.

What freeware offers the option of a specific subtitle language from a source?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you want hard coded subs (if not, you definitely need to tell us as everything is completely different in that case), I would think that AutoGK can do what you want and it's free.
    Quote Quote  
  4. AGK is a good tool. I have it and have used it but usually only to shrink the size.

The goal is to read the dvd and and have options in AGK to do the hard subbed version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The goal is to read the dvd and and have options in AGK to do the hard subbed version.
    That's what it does. Have you tried yet?

You maybe should decrypt again, though, if you didn't use DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode or DVDFab HD Decrypter selecting Main Movie. You don't want the whole DVD but only the movie itself. Then open the IFO in AutoGK and choose the subtitle track. By default the subs will be "burned" into the video.

You could try with the entire DVD on the hard drive, but if there are other PGCs in the same VTS as the movie, you could run into problems. That's why, when planning to use AutoGK, it's a good idea to decrypt only what you want to reencode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Let's start with putting the disk into the dvd drive in the computer.

In Auto GK There are two folders: video vts and audio vts.

In Auto GK you can open those folders, but AutoGK needs only one file to work on. That's why I'm only familiar with using it for resizing avi files.

After putting the disk in the dvd player what is the first step? Please avoid shorthand.

I have AGK, DVDD and DVDShrink and DVDFab Platinum.

Previously, I had used DVDFab with ENG sub selected and the entire process ran but there were no subs after the job was finished. I used the generic option which normally gives me the avi file desired but have never used subtitle selection. When I did it failed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. After putting the disk in the dvd player what is the first step?
    Open DVD Decrypter. Select IFO Mode (up at the top, Mode->IFO). By default it chooses the longest PGC. If you're decrypting a movie, that's what it'll choose. Give it a destination and decrypt. Open the resulting IFO in AutoGK and take it from there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok. You know I wonder why I can't remember these operations after a short while.

I have done the DVD Decrypter operation and it buried the .ifo someplace.

The IFO doesn't show as a folder but once found shows multiple files in it.

I will do more on this today.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm encountering the same problem: An IFO can't be a single file accepted by AGK and a folder at the same time.

So doing a search for the IFO in AGK gives Audio VTS
    and Video Vts files inside the IFO. But AGK can't load multiple files.
    Quote Quote  
  10. An IFO can't be a single file accepted by AGK and a folder at the same time.
    I don't understand. The folder with the IFO also contains the VOB files to which it refers. If you don't need subtitles, then open the first VOB of the sequence and AutoGK will pick up the rest automatically. But no subs doing it that way.

I guess you need subs, so if you're opening VOBs, load the subs separately using the CTRL-F8 trick. I think you'll be better off, though, by decrypting in IFO Mode and loading the IFO.

I'm assuming here that this DVD doesn't have recent extra copy protection. If it's a newish movie, you had better use DVDFab HD Decrypter in Main Movie Mode and get the movie that way.
    Quote Quote  
  11. No sub files doing it *any* way or it would have worked in DVDFab. DVDF has all the options-- it just wouldn't to the operation correctly-- unless it's a special function.

I made the selections in 'Custom" and the operation showed completed.

No ENG selected subtitle file was picked up.

Is there a complete DVDFab guide someplace?

I mean a guide that says "If you want a subtitle file from multiples avaialble, do this in DVDFab."

Like that.

Quote Quote  
  12. I was talking about using DVDFab HD Decrypter for decrypting. It's different from the DVDFab Platinum you used before. After you get the movie on the hard drive then you feed the IFO into AutoGK. Here's a guide:

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/225/59/
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok thanks. We were talking about 2 things when I thought there was only one DVDD.

I'll go through the guide and see if I can get the right program to do this.

Now it is one of those things that I won't let go.

Quote Quote