VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can I convert stuff I've put into h264 (mainly mkv) to be used on a Zune? I have XviD4PSP installed an understand that I should somehow be able to use that? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SUPER might be better.

Only actual 320x240 wmv will not be reencoded by ZUNE.

It can CONVERT mp4 but it won't take it directly. For best quality you should encode it to 320x240wmv in as few as steps as possible.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by yoda313
    SUPER might be better.

Only actual 320x240 wmv will not be reencoded by ZUNE.

It can CONVERT mp4 but it won't take it directly. For best quality you should encode it to 320x240wmv in as few as steps as possible.
    Seems new Zunes support mp4. Which device profile in XviD4PSP should I use? The iPod 5.5 seems to work the best but I'm not sure which out of them all is the one to choose.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use corel dvd copy 6 so I can't answer that for xvid4psp.

My comment was that it does accept mp4 it but it reencodes the video. You may have a really fast duo core or quad core pc and not notice it.

Now granted my zune is a 30gb but I have updated to 3.0 so it's the latest firmware. I don't know what the 80gb does if anything is diferent in terms of reencodes. I'm only stating my experience on the 30.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. SUPER it is. I guess the Zune isn't powerful enough or Microsoft is lazy too allow anything but WMV playback. They're very shifty with their mp4 support even though as the previous responder said it in fact only supports wmv.
    Quote Quote