+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-dmr-ez45v/7645

Trying to find a way to get it play codes other then 1 or all + PAL as well

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Their are very few hacks that work with DVDRs. Most people just purchase a cheap player that can be hacked for playing back other regions. I personally don't know of any for your Panny.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Only way I have seen of getting mainstream dvd recorders region free is to buy one done that way, must need firmware manipulation or something.

Get a Philips dvd player and hack yourself.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok - so no one has tried the dmr-ez45v/7645 hack on a DMR-EZ475V?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fretbuzz
    Ok - so no one has tried the dmr-ez45v/7645 hack on a DMR-EZ475V?
    It would seem not. You could always try it yourself, but do note that DVD recorders usually can't be made region free.
    The hack is unlikely to break your recorder and if your recorder has the same firmware as the other model it might work, but I can't guarantee that there is no chance of the hack ruining your recorder.

Note that while in the past almost all Philips DVD players could be made region free, we are now getting more and more posts asking for help with their models to make them region free. It looks like Hollyweird got to Philips and convinced them to make it more difficult for models sold in North America to be made region free. So my point is that victoriabears' suggestion to buy a Philips model may not solve your problem.
    Quote Quote