VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, im really struggling with this:::::

Basically I have a 15 minute basketball game edited on premiere pro cs3, recorded with a Dv camcorder,

I understand that i can upload 500mb of film to vimeo for web veiwing,

now ive looked through tutorials and searched google but im still scrathcing my head, can someone give me a quick
    tutorial on how to export this movie(Premeire cs3) as a 500mb file for uploading to vimeo..

Am i right in thinking thats how you do it,, Export edited timelime using media encoder until you get the outputed
    file to as close to 500 mb as poss..

original footage was a pal widescreen camcorder

regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Deinterlace the footage. Resize to 1024x576 and save as Xvid 3500kbs or higher
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cheers i found this on line somewhere

http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/images/pcs3-h264.jpg

my question is, I can set the target bitrate to what i want, so do i set it until the outputed file size will be 500 mb?

or doest it matter what size file you upload to vimeo as it does its own converting???????
    Quote Quote  
  4. file size is equal to total bitrate(audio plus video) times the running time of the video in seconds. from that you should be able to determine something close to 500mb to set your encoder to. if you try to upload something bigger than 500mb, they will just reject it at the end and all your uploading time will be wasted.
    Quote Quote