VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I work at a University in the Nashville,TN area and the men's basketball coach has three 1970's that all seem to be suffering from the same problem. The video is fuzzy to the point of visual unintelligibility on all three of them when you play any tape back on any of them (redundant? good!). Audio is proper on all three of them, so there aren't any issues there. I have heard about the dried capacitors and was wondering if that is the problem with these decks.

Any help from any body out there that I can educate myself and others on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Bry
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The heads may be shot.

This may seem dumb, but is the sharpness slider set to the softest settings? It's odd that ALL THREE units would act the same. Are the units kept in an outdoor location, in a hot/moisture-filled lockeroom/office, or does the coach smoke in the room where these are located?

Commercial VHS tapes play badly too?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. has anyone tried a head cleaning tape? (preferably a brand new one)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cleaning the head is the first initial response. For the fuzzy....
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had the UK equivalent and had the same, played an head cleaning tape through it , clear as day.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Head cleaning tapes don't do much, you can try one but if it doesn't work it may still just need cleaned. To really clean VCR heads you need a chamois made for head cleaning.
    Quote Quote