Search Comp PM
    test - ignore and delete
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My title is:
    Advice required - Formats, splitting, software, outputs

The body text is:
    As a newbie I need some advice for a video conversion and editing project.

I have one long VOB file that I wish to convert, split accurately(!) (to get correct parts), re-join, add titles, add logo (visible permanently), add music, perhaps reconvert.

I then wish to add this file to my website, to Youtube, and to be able to email the file. Note that I see this as being 2 or 3 different output files.

1) A good quality uploaded to my website
    2) Perhaps the same file upped to Youtube (let them do the conversions of quality and size)
    3) A smaller file to email.

I am trying to research methods and choices to be made to do this as easily as possible.

------------
    Three questions:

1) I have started by converting to avi and have found that I cannot accurately split the file - problems with keyframes... So I figured if I convert to some other format (from the VOB) it may be possible...?? Can someone advise? EDIT: apparently H.264 is probablematic when splitting - is that correct? Which would be the best codecs to use?

2) I also figured that the file files should be in flash format...? Again any advice would be cool..

3) And if anyone (someone...anyone...help...arghhhhh!) could subjectively(!) suggest the best software to use for each stage would be good - probably the simplest that will do just the job required, I really don't want to have to learn how to use flash or premiere unless really necessary.
    EDIT: I have been looking at VirtualDub and Avidemux..is that the way to go? How can I add some logos and titles?

Free beer tomorrow for anyone that can give me pointers...
    Cheers
    Grant
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My title is:

The body text is:

I have one long VOB file that I wish to convert, split accurately(!) (to get correct parts), re-join, add titles, add logo (visible permanently), add music, perhaps reconvert.

I then wish to add this file to my website, to Youtube, and to be able to email the file. Note that I see this as being 2 or 3 different output files.

2) Perhaps the same file upped to Youtube (let them do the conversions of quality and size)

I am trying to research methods and choices to be made to do this as easily as possible.

------------
    Three questions:

1) I have started by converting to avi and have found that I cannot accurately split the file - problems with keyframes... So I figured if I convert to some other format (from the VOB) it may be possible...?? Can someone advise? EDIT: apparently H.264 is probablematic when splitting - is that correct? Which would be the best codecs to use?

2) I also figured that the file files should be in flash format...? Again any advice would be cool..

3) And if anyone (someone...anyone...help...arghhhhh!) could subjectively(!) suggest the best software to use for each stage would be good - probably the simplest that will do just the job required, I really don't want to have to learn how to use flash or premiere unless really necessary.
    EDIT: I have been looking at VirtualDub and Avidemux..is that the way to go? How can I add some logos and titles?

Cheers
    Grant
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My title is:

The body text is:

------------
    Three questions:

Cheers
    Grant
    Quote Quote