VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I play WMV files on Media Player Classic (works better than VLC for WMV)
    I had version 6.4.9.1 from the K-Lite Codec Pack.
    But recently the playback started to get jumpy/hashed instead of going smoothly (I don't know how to explain and I hope you know what I mean).
    I decided to install Media Player Classic HomeCinema v1.1.604.0.

When I open a file from the player it now plays fine.
    But when I try to open a file from the explorer, MPC opens but then it says "File Not Found"

Can someone please help me.

My OS is XP Pro SP2
    Quote Quote  
  2. right click on what you want to open. select open with. choose program/browse. navigate to where you installed mpch. select the .exe, and close. it should now be able to locate the program to open the file with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks minidv2dvd
    The problem is not in locating the program. When I click on the video file, MPCHC opens without any problem.
    But then there is the message at the bottom of the player as shown on the attached picture.

Quote Quote  
  4. sorry i thought it couldn't find the program itself. weird one. maybe try downloading the latest version of mpc itself and try that rather than mpchc. i use mpc all the time and have no problems loading or playing vids.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had the same problem and I solved it by:
    1 Open Folder Options under Tools in Windows Explorer.
    2 Select the File Types tab
    3 Scroll down and click on the file type (in my case it was m2v)
    4 Click Advanced
    5 Click New
    6 Under Action enter "Play with MPCHC" (without the quotes)
    7 Click Browse, locate and 'open' the program (mplayerc.exe)
    8 Click OK
    9 Click OK
    10 Close Folder Options.

After doing the above, when you right click the file you should have the option "Play with MPCHC" in the dropdown.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had this problem with Media Player Classic on several computers. What happens is that when you associate the file type, say MOV, with MPC, Windows creates the line "C:\Program Files\MplayerClassic\mplayerc.exe" %1 where %1 means the file being clicked. For some reason that does not work with MPC but if you enclose the %1 in parenthesis the command will work: "C:\Program Files\MplayerClassic\mplayerc.exe" "%1".

'Hope that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by fontana
    I have had this problem with Media Player Classic on several computers. What happens is that when you associate the file type, say MOV, with MPC, Windows creates the line "C:\Program Files\MplayerClassic\mplayerc.exe" %1 where %1 means the file being clicked. For some reason that does not work with MPC but if you enclose the %1 in parenthesis the command will work: "C:\Program Files\MplayerClassic\mplayerc.exe" "%1".

'Hope that helps.
    The former wouldn't work if there were spaces in the path. Because space is a delineator in command line arguments.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fontana

'Hope that helps.
    Great, solved the same problem for me - exactly as stated! Thanks fontana!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found a fix. I have tryed alot of thing reccomended on alot of other fourms about this same problem. None worked for me, then I saw that the Media player Classic was located in
    "C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe"
    but when I associate the file type for avi with MPC-HC windows creates the following line
    "C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mplayerc.exe" "%1"

Notice windows created the wrong line. It shouuld have created the line:
    "C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mplayerc.exe" "%1"
    but it created
    "C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mplayerc.exe" "%1"

So for a quick fix I went to My Computer> C drive> Program Files and renamed MPC-HC with Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. And It has fixed it. I can now play my avi files using MPC-HC

If you can't be bothered reading the ubove then follow the instructions below:

1: Locate C:\Program Files\MPC-HC (or where ever you installed MPC-HC)
    2: Rename the folder 'MPC-HC' to 'Media Player Classic - Home Cinema' (without the quotes)
    3: Check if it works
    4: If it dosn't then read everything ubove, it's all I can do to help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello,
    I need some help.
    I wont to play 3D Blu-ray disk with MPC-HC. Furst, I mount it, but when i play it with MPC-HC , I can watch only 2D. Is there some options to watch 3D Blu-ray with MPC-HC? I try to watch this mouvie "Our Universe 3D -BLUEBIRD.iso" .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lukulus View Post
    Hello,
    I need some help.
    I wont to play 3D Blu-ray disk with MPC-HC. Furst, I mount it, but when i play it with MPC-HC , I can watch only 2D. Is there some options to watch 3D Blu-ray with MPC-HC? I try to watch this mouvie "Our Universe 3D -BLUEBIRD.iso" .
    Answered in your other topic: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372636-Media-Player-Clasic-and-3D-Blu-ray
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote