VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, edited and burned a dvd with sony vegas/architect. Tested the result in 3 stand-alone players without any problems.
    My client, now complains about hanging video, and get reports in his pc about "wrong clusters/sectors" or something.
    What is the cause of this, how to solve this? Is it my burner or wrong media?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wrong/Bad media would I guess. What media did you use? dvd-r or dvd+r and what brand?
    Quote Quote  
  3. imation media isn't recommended here
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Imation uses a variety of low quality manufacturers to make their discs. They are not very good.
    Quote Quote  
  5. which brands are generally best?
    Quote Quote  
  6. for general purpose single layer dvds, most people like verbatim -r or taiyo yuden -r. there is a caveat with both of them though, verbatim you don't want any of their made in india media, and with taiyo yuden you only want to buy their premium line not the value line.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Assuming that you are handling the media properly -- always by the edges, never touching the surfaces; discs are somewhat tolerant of fingerprints during reads, but hardly at all during burns]...It is also often helpful to burn at a speed below the rated maximum of the media (or the drive, for that matter). So, if the imation stuff (say) says "16x" on the label, don't burn it at that speed. Instead, try 8x. The slower burn frequently (but not always) helps improve margins in marginal media. You can't turn bad media into good this way, but you can improve results.

But the right long-term solution is simply to use better media, as the others have said.
    Quote Quote