VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all... I have an avi movie, which plays fine in quicktime, but i need to add subs to it and when i load the movie and sub into ffmpegx and render out the new movie it loses the sound... anyone have any ideas as to why?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the spec of the audio in the source? What conversion type are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I seem to have gotten it to work by closing iTunes... Weird I know...

On another note, when I add AVI footage into FFmpegX it automatically renders it out as an AVI, is this the best option? WHen it does this it seems to half the files size so much be really compressing it, how can I use no compression?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVIs are already compressed so almost anything you do to transcode the video will do some re-compression which, if you're not careful, will degrade the quality. The output format depends on where you intend to use that video in the future. As I use a video iPod and AppleTV, my format of choice is the "iPod H264 640w" setting but I do modify the settings a bit to maintain quality.
    Quote Quote