VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i need help on how to split a dvd or vro file into individual clips for easy editting. is it possible? i use a sony DVD handycam with a DVD-RW disk loaded in. I make many individual shots like about...5 probably lasting 3mins each. when i'm using the VR format i can easily erase them but when i put them in the computer(the DVD disk in the drive) and convert them(with AVS video converter), all of the clips merge into one. I havent tried to use the regular format to get individual clips but i will. Is there a way to split a dvd vid into many little clips. I'm not looking for chapters i need to get individual clips from individual shots taken from one disk. btw! i came across something that might help but i dont know how to use it... it's a program called DVD shrink. ppl say that it can help on making mixed dvd or a dvd that uses stripped clips from other dvd and puting it together forming one dvd.

Please help. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try tmpgenc dvd author and import the vr format and see if it imports them as separate clips. Or else can you split them directly in tmpgenc dvd author author after you imported them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok o got the program and i imported the files from the disk to the comp. What to do next? i see the shots i made but they are in chapters.
    Quote Quote