VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I've convert a dvd movie to mpeg2 using vob2mpeg & convert to dvd again with GUIForDVDAuthor after editing.
    I've download the .srt file from internet & the subtitle with GUIForDVDAuthor. After finished, all were ok, but voice & subtitles are not running at the same time.
    So, how can I fix that vooice & subtitles are display same time???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2000
    Location: Sweden
    Search Comp PM
    THe downloaded srt might be for another dvd release. Is the mpg and srt in sync if you play using for example media player classic?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,
    =>"Is the mpg and .srt in sync if you play using for example media player classic?"
    I m not clear what u want to mean....sorry
    But, I always play dvd with "ASUS DVD Player" in PC. There the subtitles are displaying before talking that lines.

    And if that .srt for another dvd release, then how can I collect the right .srt for my own dvd?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Get another set of subtitles.
    subscene.com has tons of them

    You can resync with subtitle workshop, it's free.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    ya, I've downloded another set of subtitle of that movie. But there are 2 .srt files. I've checked with subtittle creator, total subttles of that movie are divided in to 2 .srt files.
    So, when i make that DVD again using GUIForDVDAuthor, importing both of .srt, the 1st one only added & displaying without any problems. but the 2nd .srt file did not attached.
    I think 1st I need to join & make 1 .srt file, then create DVD, right? In subtitle creator, there is a option join subtitles, but I failed to attach them, so how can I attach, plz explain.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Use Subtitle Workshop to join the two SRT files.

    See: Tools menu, "Join subtitles".

    Read the included help file for details.

    Also see its many options for adjusting times.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi AlanHK/handyguy,
    Many thanks for the web address.
    I've downloaded the SRT file for 1 CD, create dvd with GUIForDVDAuthor. Successfully created with subtitles.
    Which soft you use to create/burn dvd?

    But, Is it possible to create more then 1 movie with subtitle with GFD?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    Hi AlanHK/handyguy,
    Many thanks for the web address.
    I've downloaded the SRT file for 1 CD, create dvd with GUIForDVDAuthor. Successfully created with subtitles.
    Which soft you use to create/burn dvd?
    I use GfD to "create", which makes a VIDEO_TS folder with VOBs, etc, then I burn that folder to DVD with ImgBurn.
    You can also have GfD control the burn, but I do that myself.

    Originally Posted by akakiami
    But, Is it possible to create more then 1 movie with subtitle with GFD?
    I'm not sure what you mean -- you can have many (up to 99 I think) separate features on one DVD, logically, though you'd run out of space if they were very long. I've done up to 20 cartoons on one DVD.

    And GfD allows you to have up to 3 subtitles for each video.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi AlanHk,
    Can you tell me how to change Background color (NOT text color)while creating Title in GFD? I did not found the option. I need white color.

    Actually I m telling you what I want:

    I'll copy 2 different movie (only .VOB files) from different dvd disk, download SRT from web site, write in 1 disk (dvd 5).
    So, 1st I'll convert those 2 movie to mpeg file(using vob2mpeg), then using GFD - create new menu, attach 1 subtitle each movie, create some chapters & create dvd in the hard disk, Thats all.

    Finally burn with nero7 from hard disk.
    I think this is possible with GFD & will try today.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    Hi AlanHk,
    Can you tell me how to change Background color (NOT text color)while creating Title in GFD? I did not found the option. I need white color.
    The background to the menu is an image file. The default is "default.jpg", which is plain blue. Make a plain white one and load that (right-click on the background, select "Menu properties" and choose the background image). You could replace the file "default.jpg" if you always want white.
    Or you can get creative and use a screencap, eg.

    Originally Posted by akakiami
    Actually I m telling you what I want:
    I'll copy 2 different movie (only .VOB files) from different dvd disk, download SRT from web site, write in 1 disk (dvd 5).
    So, 1st I'll convert those 2 movie to mpeg file(using vob2mpeg), then using GFD - create new menu, attach 1 subtitle each movie, create some chapters & create dvd in the hard disk, Thats all.
    Finally burn with nero7 from hard disk.
    I think this is possible with GFD & will try today.
    Yes, it should work as long as the total file size fits on a DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    There are many .srt file(1/2 CD) found in the web site (such as subscene.com) for 1 movie. But how can understand that which .srt file will be fit in that movie. Is there any way? I m trying to burn 2 movis in 1 dvd5 disk.
    Because after converting all .vob files of 1 movie into 1 .mpg (using vob2mpeg), I m adding downloaded subtitle & create dvd using GFD. sometimes subtitles not fittinng with voice & time wasting to check every .srt file fit with the movie in GFD. So, if I could ensure at the begining about fit .srt fit with my movie, then I can remove this botheration.
    But for this, Should I syncronize subtitles with movie using subtitle creator or workshop? If yes, can u explain the encryption process in both soft?
    plzzzzz.....

    ~r
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    But for this, Should I syncronize subtitles with movie using subtitle creator or workshop? If yes, can u explain the encryption process in both soft?
    plzzzzz.....
    ~r
    Subtitle Workshop: click the "help" button to read the manual.
    "Chapter 2: Time related features: 2.3 Adjust subtitles"
    Spend 5 minutes reading this and you can do it all quite easily.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    ok, Alan I'll try with workshop help file.

    If, I shrink any dvd movie from 2.44 to 1.83 (may be more less/higher), then any effect to subtitle if try to add latter?

    ~r
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    If, I shrink any dvd movie from 2.44 to 1.83 (may be more less/higher), then any effect to subtitle if try to add latter?
    What do "2.44" and "1.83" refer to?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    In addition, in GFD, 1st I am importing image of a movie(downloaded from net using pict. button) & drag the movie from left pane. then I got text to edit & type the name of that movie which acts as link.
    But how is it possible to make link with the image file I am importing?

    And in my GFD the "animation" button is disabled. so, how can I active it?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    What do "2.44" and "1.83" refer to? - size of movie- on disk 2.44GB to 1.83GB.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    What do "2.44" and "1.83" refer to? - size of movie- on disk 2.44GB to 1.83GB.
    That affects the quality of the video. As long as the duration is the same, the sound and subtitles will stay in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, but why my Animation button is disable in GFD?

    And I m using workshop to syncronize downloaded subtitle with movie using 1st method. Means fixed the time of 1st line & fixed the last line time. but still lines are coming some seconds faster compare to voice???

    So, should I change methods?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    Ok, but why my Animation button is disable in GFD?
    I don't know about that, I've never used it.
    Since that has nothing to do with "subtitles", perhaps start a new thread. If you have a subject wth GfD in the title, often Borax, the author, will notice and reply.

    Originally Posted by akakiami
    And I m using workshop to syncronize downloaded subtitle with movie using 1st method. Means fixed the time of 1st line & fixed the last line time. but still lines are coming some seconds faster compare to voice???
    So, should I change methods?
    Are you sure they are the same lines?
    Otherwise, your version of the movie may be cut differently, i.e., have some scenes added or cut.
    You can do a multi-point sync, not just first and last. (See "Method 4: advanced subtitle adjust" in the help.)
    Quote Quote  
  20. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Belgium
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    Ok, but why my Animation button is disable in GFD?
    The most likely reason is that you haven't allowed that in the project settings. Go to Settings - Project and make sure that "Animated Menus" is checked.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Bangladesh
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Alan/trask,
    Ya, my animation was disabled by default. Now I enabled it.

    Now about subtitle: Actually workshop is useful soft for fixing subtitle. But, give me a soft name which can convert from .sup to .srt format.
    I tried with creator & workshop, but failed to load!!! because after demux dvd movie, subtitle save as .sup format, then I can easily remake that movie with GFD with same subtitle, isn't it?

    There are some web site in net to download subtitle & I m downloading from there 10/12 subtitle file for 1 movie as .SRT format. But if there any way to understand the version I m using & which subtitle will fit with my desired movie? I thin no way...!!!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member AlanHK's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Location: Hong Kong
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by akakiami
    There are some web site in net to download subtitle & I m downloading from there 10/12 subtitle file for 1 movie as .SRT format. But if there any way to understand the version I m using & which subtitle will fit with my desired movie? I thin no way...!!!
    Just open a subtitle in Subtitle Workshop, then select the video under "Movie/Open".
    Then skip though it to see if they match.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Israel
    Search Comp PM
    you can also use this web site to fix your subtitles
    http://subfixerol.awardspace.com/
    it requires no download and fixes SRT file when the delay between the movie and the subtitle is fixed.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads