VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have question about Digital Cable TV reception (DVB-C) on computer with DVB-C TV Tuner and using smart card reader for decoding some channels with Conax card. We have digital TV available and I also have legal Conax card (a card with chip) for watching crypted channels which is currently used in Handan CV 6000 DVR reciever. I would like to watch TV on my computer thats why I will probably buy Cinergy HTC USB XS HD( i was also looking for Technisat CS HD2,... but i found this as best option for me), but original TerraTec Cingery CI USB extionsion + CAM module for conax cards are very expensive so I'm looking for cheaper way to use my conax card with this TV tuner on computer. I would like to now first if it is posible to use USB (or something) SmartCard reader with this TV Tuner (i will probably use DVBViewer for watching TV) for conax card and decrypting channels with it at all... and then if it is what SmartCard reader is suitable, what software do I need and what do i have to configure in basic?

Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found something about using DVBViewer+SoftCSA+CnxCAM but I still don't know which CardReader is most suitable?

Also if anybody knows exact way to configure DVBViewer and plugins to use it this way or has link to guide or tutorial how to do it please post it.
    Quote Quote