VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, so here's the deal: I have a WinTV PVR2 USB2 device that lets you watch TV on the computer, but it also has AV inputs for a game console or a DVD player. I love to play video games and I really want to capture them onto my computer, so I plugged my PS2 into the device, started up the Debut Free Recording software, but discovered that there is a delay when I press buttons.

I am wondering if there is a way to fix the delay, or if I just have a bad device and I need a new one.

If I need a new one, please give me some suggestions.

Thank you all in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might be able to reduce lag with a pci capture card instead of a usb device.

However I have a pinnacle hd pro usb stick and I seem to get really close to live play over the input jacks. though I really have only tried cutscene clips.

I did try playing Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 through my computer and got nearly live playback. However I can't remember if that was through my usb card or my pci fusion card.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you use another capturing application with the WinTV PVR2?

I remember with my old PCI ATI TV Wonder Pro, I would get lag with the included software but no lag when I used a third-party program (Which was InterVideo WinDVD Recorder 5).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just use an RCA cable splitter to split the video feed. hook one to the capture card and one to a tv. play the game while watching the tv, not the computer. this will ensure you play the game with no lag but the video will still be captured
    Quote Quote