VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I searched the internet and also this site but I haven't been able to find solutions to what I'm trying to do.

I need to create a multiple language dvd, preferable using Gui for DVDAuthor. What I'm trying to do is to create a DVD that will give the option to go to different language menus on the startup menu. Such as, the options may be English or Spanish on the opening menu screen. When the user clicks on the language they want, it will go to that language's submenu(s).

That part is easy enough. However, the tricky part is using only one video file but different audio files to go along with it. Such as, if you click on Spanish on the opening menu, it goes to the Spanish language submenu where all of the options are in Spanish. When they click on the video to view, it automatically plays the Spanish audio track.

If they were to choose the English option, it would go to the English submenu(s) where all of the options are in English and the video will automatically play the English audio track.

I've tried to do this but have had no luck getting it to jump to the correct audio track with the one video file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have found that even when entering jump commands properly, not all DVD players will respond -- especially older units. I've not yet experimented with Gui for DVDAuthor using Muxman as the muxing engine, but you might have better luck with that. Or else, wait until Borax responds to your post.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Use a register (GPRMX or just gX for dvdauthor) to hold the language info. Then check this register in the pre command of the video to set the correct audio track.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Encore won't help you here. You'll need a tool which allows access to GPRM and scripting. Scenarist, DLP or DVDSP are option I know will work for this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It can be done with any authoring tool which allows access to GPRMs, SPRMs and scripting. Correct. And GfD allows that. But you need a good plan (maybe even something like a flow chart on a piece of paper) and some knowledge about the VM language (and i.e. their limits...)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm afraid I don't have any experience using a register such as GPRMX to hold the language info as was suggested. Is there a guide that describes how to do it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Or use dvdlabpro (the cloning tool) then change the words. I already did that before.

The Botton that language config it to enable the audio stream correspondt to the language.
    Quote Quote