VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/karma.html

Overview

Looking for a better way to find and organize all of the videos on your computer? TMPGEnc KARMA.. lets you easily scan folders and add videos, creating a library listing of them on your computer. Organize your videos easily by using the sorting options, and even create your own custom description tags. View your videos in any of the multiple preview screens, and use the included TileShot CREATOR tool to create images from your videos! Add some good karma to your life and download TMPGEnc KARMA.. today!

TMPGEnc KARMA.. can be used with videos playable in Window Media Player with the following video extensions:
    .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .dvr-ms, .flv, .divx, .div, .m1v, .m2v, .mod, .mp2, .m2p, .mpa, .mpe, .mp4, .m2ts, .m2t, .mts, .mpv, .asf, .rm
    Please note that some video formats may require specific video codecs to be installed.

Best part price = free
    Quote Quote  
  2. "Best part price = free"

Works for me - thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Simple useless
    Its like: Windows media player + Advertising TMPGEnc products.
    Uninstalled already.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This search engine was started in 1999. The ability to start and stop anywhere in a video was added shortly after that. The latest feature was the ability to play the last few seconds of a video. I had done a couple golf tournament videos. Capturing the swings of 90+ golfers. I wanted to play the video at normal speed and then again in slow motion so that the golfers could check out their swings. The problem was that the golf swings could range from 3 to 15 or 20 seconds. At normal speed it wasn't a problem but at 1/10 speed it was too slow and boring.

So I added a new feature that allowed me to play the video at full speed then play just the last 3secs or so in slow motion. This way we could start recording when they addressed the ball and shut off immediately after the swing. The end of the video is the only part of an action video that one has control over. Now within 10 minutes of leaving the course the video can be up and playing on a large screen while the golfers are having their supper and awards. It might be a handy way to do other cataloging by making some comments as to the contents of the clip just before turning off the camcorder. Use the random option and playback the last 5 to 10 seconds of the videos. If it is one you want to see; simply enter "a" to play it completely from the start.

What a wonderful feature for doing golf swings. Do other video players have the ability to play just the last part of a video clip?

Check out an example of what this program can do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdUuBsSmSNE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    are you claiming to be the TMPGEnc KARMA programmer? i don't get your post at all. did you hijack this user name from the original poster? your new posts don't seem to be at all related to those from 3 years ago.

is this some sort of commercial spam?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    are you claiming to be the TMPGEnc KARMA programmer? i don't get your post at all. did you hijack this user name from the original poster? your new posts don't seem to be at all related to those from 3 years ago.

is this some sort of commercial spam?
    Nope just just letting you know what a real program can do with golf and other action video. No editing makes doing video FAST and easy. Spam Just isn't this GOOD.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/osoyoos_golf.htm
    Last edited by SpectateSwamp; 2nd Aug 2010 at 06:42. Reason: add a video link
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving to our Editing Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  8. While showing those golf video clips after the supper; a number of golfers wanted to see their swing. But at the time we couldn't easily do that. They were just 2 video clips in among 180 or so. Now there is a SOLUTION.

By creating an extremely short video as each group approaches the Tee (maybe showing a whiteboard containing the flight# and player names?); the program will use that as a "group break point". That will now allow for the golfer to indicate which group they were in from the tournament sheet and we can replay their video and those of the rest of the players in that group. It will also enable us to play the videos random by group. For the Barrel racing it will randomly replay the video group for each racer. During this event we shut the camcorder off and immediately switch it back on after the horse and rider round each barrel. Randomly playing just part of the run wouldn't be the same.

Here is what a respondent from another Forum said:

this is an honest-to-God useful feature. I've often wished the shuffle function on music devices could be made to work this way. The reason is that I mainly listen to classical music. Much of that music is divided into movements, with each movement being a separate track. The movements themselves are not independent, however, and in sequence form the complete work. So I'd like to be able to say, for instance, "Play all my Beethoven pieces in a random order", and have Symphony #6 followed by Piano Concerto #5 rather than Symphony #6, movement II followed by Piano Concerto #5, movement I.
    Quote Quote  
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzULqlf8598
    There is no better way to organize video than this. Sorry if you consider it spam. But it's a fact!
    Quote Quote