VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On my first try at a dvd with multiple titles (10) using version 2.5.3600 (registered) I have two problems. When playing on a tv, the selection of the different titles is random. Sometimes, the up/down arrows select the next title in the desired sequence, but many times another title will highlight in the other column or several selections away from the previous one. By continually pressing any one of the arrows, all titles can eventually be selected. Any selected title does play correctly and there are no other problems.

The other problem is that I'm unable to preview the menu after creating it on the computer. Windows Media is unable to display the menu and won't play the dvd either. This is on the same system that created the dvd. Should I be using a different player? VideoReDo will show the menu page (VIDEO_TS.VOB) correctly but of course won't allow highlighting or selection. I'm pretty sure that several days ago, I was able to preview the menu page but I don't remember what player came up.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was trying to determine what might have caused the above menu problem and I attempted to open the files in the VIDEO_TS folder using DvdReMake. There were numerous errors generated but when I clicked on the first item in the list, the attached pic appeared. When I noticed that each menu item was numbered and they were not in order numberwise, I suspected that I had discovered a problem. Of course, I have no idea what created it or how to fix or prevent it from happening again. Hope this helps.

Quote Quote  
  3. Selection order of menu items is based on the VTS #. The order you want to select them in is determined by their order on the disc, not by where you place the menu text. It's not a problem or error, it's just the way the S2D menu functions out of simplicity.

I am unfamiliar with the menu preview so I can't help you there. What version of media player are you using?

To play the created DVD without burning, you need a software DVD player capable of playing in file mode. Another suggestion is to burn to a rewritable disc and test with that.
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For preview, try MPC. Once you have it right click on a VIDEO_TS.IFO file and open with MPC and set it as the default.

Reorder your TitleSets on the "Movie" pane before you create your menu. The buttons will be in that order.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to you both for the replys. It now makes sense and will be easy to set up correctly on future efforts. The program is a pleasure to use.

Gary
    Quote Quote