VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am located in Norway. DVB-T broadcasts here are MPEG4, H264, AAC-HE. I have succefully recorded a digital stream and the output file is in .ts format (It's not HDTV, but standard PAL resolution). I would like to convert it to Xvid, but Gordion Knot will not accept/recognize the format. Can anyone help me as of what tool/program I can use to convert it to a standard MPEG2 stream or demux it to m2v,mpa or similiar format so I can load it in Gordion Knot? I have googled and tried lots of different programs without success.

Thanks for helping out
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try StaxRIP or XviD4PSP or AviDemux. They can convert directly to AVI XviD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have already tried Xvid4PSP and AviDemux with no luck. I will give StaxRIP a shot then. Thanks for your reply.

Edit: For some reason StaxRIP would not run on my computer (Vista SP1) It started once (after I installed the required .NET 3.5) and then it shut down and would not reload.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use dgavcdec to index your file, you can demux the audio too

With some newer DVB-T streams, the problem is the audio, not the video. If your audio is the LATM/LAOS variety of AAC, the only application that works is winamp. Use the disk writer plugin, to convert to .wav

dgavcdec will create a .dga file and you can use AVCSource() with avisynth in an .avs script to frameserve into any encoder. (Simple instructions are in the quickstart manual)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much for your reply poisondeathray. I am away from home until next tuesday, but will look at it when I come home. Seems like your suggestions are good ones from looking at the applications you are pointing to. Someone else also told me that megui could do the job. I will look at that also. I will post here if I find a solution to the problem.
    In the meanwhile other suggestions are very welcome. I spent 2 days trying to figure this out before I posted here so it got kinda frustrating. Nice to see the good community here with lots of knowledgeable people helping out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am still stuck with this. I can load the file in dgavcdec, but the picture has a lot of glitches and flickering on playback. The audio is the LATM/LAOS type and I used winamp to convert the audio to wav, so that worked fine thank you. I have a sample clip if someone could please look at it and maybe find a solution for me (or check if it's fine in dgavcdec, maybe the problem is at my hand). If I could get it to work in dgavcdec my problem would be solved, cause the avisynth script loaded fine in Gordion Knot.

Here is a the clip: Sample
    Quote Quote  
  7. The problem is DGAVCdec, which uses the ffdshow library (libavcodec) to decode h264. The problem is PAFF support right now is limited. Until it is fixed in ffdshow, this method will give the pixellation you observed

The workaround is to use DirectShowSource() using avisynth with CoreAVC Pro as the decoder (unfortunately not free) and frameserve into any encoder

In your sample, there is some pixellation already at the cut site near the beginning and at several places throughout, but using libavcodec makes this significantly worse.

DGAVCdec

DirectShowSource() with CoreAVC Pro

This is the script I used for MeGUI
    Code:
    global MeGUI_darx = 16
    global MeGUI_dary = 9
    DirectShowSource("C:\PATH\DVB-T LATM.ts",fps=25,convertfps=true,audio=false)
    Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")
    Yadif(order=1) #top field first
    Crop(10,2,-8,0)
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    Here is the processed video file (no audio) using Coreavc Pro
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4L8PNCQN

The problem now is getting A/V sync. Even adjusting for delays, shrinking/expanding either audio/video to match is fruitless. Your original sample .ts has several "glitches" which makes the audio and/or video have different lengths at different segments. You can see this when you play the original .ts using any of the h264 decoders. This is almost impossible to fix, short of getting an error free .ts initially. You could figure out all the individual "glitch" points, cut it into segments, match individual lengths but this would be very very difficult on a long segment.

I suspect if there was a proper Direct Show decoder for LATM/LAOS AAC, that this would work with DirectShowSource() (even with the glitches), unfortunately there is none.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I found if you trim off the intro glitch part, you can get it into sync

I fed the .avs into vdub to convert to xvid/mp3 (I don't use GK), but the script should work for any encoder that accepts .avs. I used CoreAVC Pro as the h264 decoder for DirectShowSource(), to avoid the PAFF bug

[code]
    vid=DirectShowSource("PATH\DVB-T LATM.ts",fps=25,convertfps=true,audio=false)
    aud=wavsource("PATH\01_DVB-T LATM PID 280 DELAY -643ms.wav")
    aud=DelayAudio(aud,.643)
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")
    Yadif(order=1) #top field first
    Crop(10,2,-8,0)
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    Trim(150,1072)
    [\code]

Note the .643 delay was determined by DGAVCdec, from the demuxed audio name. If you have several glitches, it will usually screw up the sync at those points and you may have to trim and process those points separately

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MFD6C6N1
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for all your help. I installed CoreAVC, but could not get it to work. Trying to frameserv it into any encoder it shuts down (the program has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution....). It might be because I have Cyberlink H.264 decoder installed also. I have tried so many different programs and codecs so might have to do a new Vista install. I'll try tomorrrow to remove PowerDVD8 and see what happens. Anyway, I need the Cyberlink codec to playback the DVB-T stream in DVB-Viewer, it is the only one I could get to work (CoreAVC did not). The MainConcept drivers would work, but I could not find it anywhere to buy or download (only trial version)

I also found in VideoREDO's forum that they are working on H.264 support. That would solve all my problems.... I'll be happy to pay some money for a program that supports it.

Anyway thanks again for all your time with this. You are a great asset to this site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rocka
    I am located in Norway. DVB-T broadcasts here are MPEG4, H264, AAC-HE. I have succefully recorded a digital stream and the output file is in .ts format (It's not HDTV, but standard PAL resolution). I would like to convert it to Xvid, but Gordion Knot will not accept/recognize the format. Can anyone help me as of what tool/program I can use to convert it to a standard MPEG2 stream or demux it to m2v,mpa or similiar format so I can load it in Gordion Knot? I have googled and tried lots of different programs without success.

Thanks for helping out
    Have you tried TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress with FFDShow also installed? I have a Beyonwiz P1 PVR http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/DP_P1_overview.asp and the LiDiC http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/LiDiC_overview.asp The LiDIC uses the same format (MPEG4, H264, AAC) and had the same difficulties until I tried TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Maybe worth trying.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i need help too nz broudcast same way with aac and h.264 i know handbrake will convert the videos 1000% perfect but if its interlaced video looks brured
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a long time since I visit this post, but just to let anyone that drops in later that poisondeathray's method worked fine for me after a windows re-install and I have been using it since then. The audiodelay from DGAVCDec is never right, so I sync it manually, but that's OK. Thank you very much for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i see topic is old but you should use handbrake it works perfect im in nz and our tv is same aac and h.264
    Quote Quote  
  14. The best software for convert DVB-T recorded videos is ArcSoft MediaConverter Platinum v4.0.0.139 but it is not free.This software converts many different formats and converted files have high quality without delay in audio or video.
    Last edited by Re.Saboor; 31st Jul 2010 at 10:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not a "standard DVB-T stream" because they use AAC or HE-AAC for audio, which is not standard for that as of yet.
    Usage of that grows everywhere, mainly via DVB-T or DVB-T2, but also via DVB-S and DVB-S2.......
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote