VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Could I please get some feedback on how to properly upload an 1.4mb mpeg file and call it inside a link here!

In past uploads to VH the file would show up in the link brackets. I wan to know how to get it so that it does it properly because I am about to provide a link and I want to get it straight the first time.

I'll be really pissed it I go through all this trouble and it won't work!

Thanks you,
    -vhelp 4865
    Quote Quote  
  2. are you wanting to upload to vh or elsewhere and then post a link to the file that is stored elsewhere?

is elsewhere even a word?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    forget it forget it forget it forget it forget it forget it forget it -- the server timed out on me while trying to upload a 1.4mb file. I can't take it anymore! I can't! I have no more patience and I gotta go eat something before I staaarve.

vhelp 4866
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you on a 28.8kbit connection?

dvd2dvdr_181.exe
    Quote Quote  
  5. test

sequence%2001.flv

edit - 1.8mb file took maybe 20 seconds to upload.

seems to to at your end if there is a problem vh
    Quote Quote  
  6. We know he's on dial-up. I forget the connection speed, though, but think it's 56k. He'll let us know, I'm sure, after dinner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry, I forgot about this topic. Yes, it's 56k. I gave up though, because the issue was resolved and didn't require a sample from me in the intrum. Anyway, for history sake, there were a couple of occasions where I had uploaded some .rar files I think, and when I set the link to point to them the download would not work. And I did not want that to repeat in the discussion I was having.

But, now I"m happy because that issue is resolved and I can move on to other video interests which I happen to be pretty busy in at the moment. I'm not pissed off anymore

I appreciate the help you all tried to give me, thanks..
    -vhelp 4870
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok. I just uploaded half a dozen of the same .jpg (27kb) and abosolutely none of them will show up. what's going on ??

-vhelp 4881
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    here's one I just made, and it won't display..

-vhelp 4882
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ahh forget about it. A 7kb .jpg and its giving me heart acke. Now I've lost my interest. Good night.

-vhelp 4883
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No problems here.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Worse comes to worse you can always use imageshack.us
    Doesn't really solve your problem but at least it gives you an alternative.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can a moderator or admin please explain to me why I still can't get images posted: before I blow my top!

I mean, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

I upladed a couple of jpeg files last week (and they never showed) and today, just a little while ago, I tried uplading several times, and they still won't show. I even changed their width to mod16, just in case, and they still won't show. I open them in my paint shop pro fine, though in the webpages forums (below) they are showing 0 x 0 dimensions which is odd. If they are showing that (after I've uploaded them) then what is causing that to happen. I don't get it, and I'm very frustrated.

Please don't do anything to the images already posted. Just please find out (once and for all) why are they *not* showing up.

here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic346808-60.html#1934232
    * https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1934232/vhelp.antenna.map.compass.jpg
    * https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1934232/vhelp.antenna.map.ny.jpg

here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363752.html#1936286
    * https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1936286/vhelp.antenna.map.compass.jpg

thank you,

-vhelp 5026
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OT, OT, OT

ohh, ahhh, hey, nice kmplayer pic, baldrick . I didn't know it was gui for windows--thought it actually was a command line like mplayer..and is why i didn't bother to ever download..I might give it a try after all..hope its a tiny app.

Q: does it play mp4 and x264 encoded .264 videos by any chance ?
    Q: might it be a better (or alternative) vlc replacement ?

thanks,
    -vhelp 5027
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. So maybe I'm thinking that its a software issue with saving to jpegs and I should find another tool for saving bitmaps to jpegs..but my current win98 paint program does not save as jpeg, only bitmap..and my paintshop pro (PSP) is a bulky-fat memory hogging beast, though in need of replacement for simple save-as quickies. I really think it might be a PSP problem and I should look into something else, hopefully very teeny-tiny like..else I'll have to create my own from scratch or something in pascal..hmm..i'll have to do some research into this..until then..

-vhelp 5028
    Quote Quote  
  16. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see any syntax error in them from the code:
    Code:

The result:

A similar image:

The code from the image above:
    Code:
    What works for me: Click the 'Img' button. Use the file browser to select the image. Copy the name of the image and paste behind the 'img' tag. Close the tag by clicking 'Img' again. DO NOT PREVIEW. Submit the image.

This works even with files on my server over the LAN.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey redwertz, thanks to looking into this problem..appreciate it..you're a good person

I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I am guessing that it depends on how I save the image, from bmp->jpg in the PSP software. Its strange that it opens fine in everything I've throw these into to view.

Since I can't find a tiny app to do bmp2jpeg with, I've decided to just code one up myself in pascal and then test it out on the same images i'm having problems with and then post them..and if it works, then at least the problem or cause may be solved, finally, I think.., I don't know..I'm too tired..ok, thanks again.

-vhelp 5029
    Quote Quote  
  18. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I usually use JPG format, but GIF and PNG are also allowed. Just a guess, but maybe the file isn't transferring, but I have no idea why. Even a oversize file will transfer, it will just be scaled down by the forum software. I sometimes process the JPG through Windows Paint. Never had a failure.

I admit it's a odd problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am stummped. I posted so many images and none of them are being assepted now. They are all come out to 0 x 0 dimensions and not showing up after upload. I wonder if this has to do with a setting that was changed on the php code for dialup uploads: it must be going to a null device..else I don't know, but now can't upload files anymore over dialup. bummer!

-vhelp 5030
    Quote Quote  
  20. the problem has got to be at your end vhelp. some kind of user error. phpbb doesn't know or care if you are on dial-up, t1, cable or oc-30.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ff

Quote Quote