VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I guess this issue has been discussed before, but I made a search and can't find anything that solved my problem.

I can't get to work Vobsub 2.23 in Windows Vista 64bits. When I try to launch any of the program components it says "error loading vobsub.dll".

I would appreciate some help. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As Vobsub seems not to work in Vista 64 I'm looking for another application capable to rip subtitles into idx/sub format, but for the moment I didn't find any. I tried ImTOO subtitle ripper, but it rips totally wrong the idx/ sub.

Is there another program apart from Vobsub to get the idx/sub format?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, but I'm not familiarized with it and couldn't find a way to rip only the subtitles and in idx/ sub format. Is that possible with vsrip?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I do have a suggestion. It's ugly, but it should work.

VMware (http://www.vmware.com) has a free version of their server product. Download it and install it and if you have a 32 bit copy of XP, install XP to it.
    You can run 32 bit XP in a virutal machine under Vista and Vobsub should work in it.

This is yet another reason to hate Vista.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. That's a possibility.

I have XP installed in other partition. I'm wondering if it's quicker to use XP in a virtual machine or shutdown Windows Vista and restart with the XP, just to use those programs that don't work properly in Vista.

Probably is quicker to use XP in the virtual machine, I have no idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, vsrip rips the subtitles to idx/sub format. It does nothing else. Choose the VTS_01_01.ifo from the DVD and set output folder and hit next.

But isn't vsrip the same as included in vobsub?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I see vsrip works perfectly in Windows Vista 64. Yes, it's the same included in vobsub, but it didn't work with the vobsub installation. I had to download it and installed it separatedly.

By the way, in the first post you said vsrip I thought that was vstrip, a different application.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote