VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. we are supposed to delete the contents inTEMP folder of the windows folder in the system drive(c:). When i tried to do that a particular folder named avast didn't allow me to delete. cannot delete. it is being used by another programme it said. no other programme was knowingly opened at that time.inside the folder avast i found a text document file with 0 kb. outside the folder and inside the windows temp folder i found another file with file name=perflib_perfdata_554(video cd movie). i am not able to delete these two. why this happen ? how can i delete those files ? plz help. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Those files may be storage files for the Avast Antivirus program. If you don't have that program at present, it may have been uninstalled improperly. If you do have it, I would leave that folder alone. Or start up Avast and see if you can delete them through the program.

If a file is being used, Windows will probably not let you delete it. If you really want to delete it, try starting up in 'Safe Mode' and you may be able to do it there. Unless they are using a lot of hard drive space, I wouldn't worry about them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Boot into DOs .. Not windows .. and type >"del windows/temp/avast*.*" that should do it.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use unlocker. Freeware
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote