VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was using Nero create to burn an AVI file to a DVD so I could watch it on my TV with my DVD player, but it started messing up on me so I wanted to know what another better program is that will do this for me. I heared there are great freeware programs that are better, is this true?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FAVC is my favourite - free, high quality encoder, simple to use but with powerful extra features. Only very simple menus though (not a concern for me as I don't use FAVC for menus)

DVD Flick is slightly faster - but arguably lower quality for it - can join multi-part avis into a single title, and is also free

ConvertXtoDVD - is not free, is fast, quality is on par with DVD Flick, has reasonable template based menus

Use any of these to convert the files and produce the required video_TS folder, then burn the results with Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok thanks. I d/led the FAVC and ran it. It extracted to a folder and then I went to the folder and double clicked the app in the folder FAVC.exe and I get an error "The application failed to intialize properly. Click ok to terminate.

How do I fix this, what am I missing?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need dot net 2, which you can get from here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15...DisplayLang=en

and avisynth 2.57 or later, which you can find in the tools section.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok thanks. I got it working now. So just drop in the AVI file and then what it outputs burn with Imgburn?

Any other settings to check or change?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Plenty.

Do you want NTSC or PAL output ?
    Do you want to use Quenc or HCEnc for encoding ? (I prefer HCEnc)
    Do you want low or high quality ?

It is all there on the tabs. Just work your way through and experiment a little.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, It is creating a Video_ts and Audio_ts folder now. So Imgburn is best to take the output and burn it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Ok, How about a good program to erase DVD-RW cd's?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tools -> Drive->
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tim_ver
    Ok, How about a good program to erase DVD-RW cd's?
    what if you use convertXtoDvd and have 2 tilesets(2 different movie files) that you want to put on 1 dvd? how would you do that on imgburn, then? because convertxtodvd makes a separate folder for each movie, each with it's own audio_ts and video_ts folder
    Quote Quote