VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some high quality trailers in MKV format that are not capable of being streamed to my Xbox 360. I have a program that can convert these files into .avi which do stream, but are somewhat choppy, almost as though the CPU cannot render the stream fast enough.

The program I use is Aone FLV converter which I use for Youtube videos, however, it can also convert my MKVs for me into a number of formats.

Which format would be the best in this situation for best quality/smallest file size while being 360 compatible?

Which resolution should I use when converting the files?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nobody knows what the favorable video format for 360 streaming is?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use xvid4psp and just use the mp4 xbox 360 profile(h264 video). Great results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do you stream to your xbox?

You might try tversity and see if that works on mkv. Than it would stream and convert in realtime I believe.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or use gotsent or xenonmkv and convert to mp4 without reconverting the video. It wont work with all mvks though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try using GOTSent

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote