VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I separate the audio from an MPEG-2 clip in "MPEG Video Wizard DVD" (editing program), import it to Audacity, filter out the noise (pops), then export it back and re-sync it to its video? I know it's a lot, but thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can demux using Rejig or DGIndex. You may have to convert the audio to WAV using Besweet before you can work with it in Audacity (not sure if audacity reads mpeg-1 layer2 audio). Once you have finished your cleanup, export as wav, convert to mpeg-1 layer with Besweet again, then mux with muxman or similar.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure about the demuxing with MVW, but Audacity only accepts a few audio file types. For MPEG, it would be WAV format. For that, I use VirtualDub Mod and extract to WAV with full audio processing and use that with Audacity.

Once I finish the audio filtering with Audacity, I output as WAV again and use ffmpegGUI to convert to AC3, then use a authoring program to combine the audio back with the video if my final output is DVD. Another option for AC3 conversion if Aften.

Many other ways, though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry - missed the reference to MVW - yes,, you can demux and mux with that quite happily.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A few other points:
    I suggest the latest beta of Audacity (1.3x). This has some real improvements in the noise filters over 1.2.
    Also, to keep sync, do not delete sections. Use the "silence" button to remove pops, etc if you're doing it manually. (Or try the "repair" effect).
    Quote Quote