VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently downloaded a mkv video file. Attempting to remove useless streams on the mkv file using the latest version of mkvmerge, error messages appear about unable to locate decoder specific config data and something about a return error 2 Using mkvdiag I notice the file was compiled with mkvmerge 1.0.1!!!! I was thinking to attempt to use the older version but since the files are not available, I am stuck. Can someone please either help me solve the decoder specific config thingy or compile and give to me the older version of mkvmerge. Thanx a lot.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by theninger
    I recently downloaded a mkv video file. Attempting to remove useless streams on the mkv file using the latest version of mkvmerge, error messages appear about unable to locate decoder specific config data and something about a return error 2 Using mkvdiag I notice the file was compiled with mkvmerge 1.0.1!!!! I was thinking to attempt to use the older version but since the files are not available, I am stuck. Can someone please either help me solve the decoder specific config thingy or compile and give to me the older version of mkvmerge. Thanx a lot.....
    I don't understand. Why don't you use the newest version? The link is given in Videohelp's tools section
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The newest version wouldn't work....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try extracting with mkvextractgui, then use mkvmergegui
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the video has a variable frame rate and if I extract the video file then it becomes out of sync with subs, audio etc.... Thanx for the help so far
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm someone please help me on this one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mkvmergeGUI allows you to set the playback framerate. Set this to what it should be for synchronized playback and see how you go.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me try it. Will get back ASAP
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Worked like a charm. Thankyou. Baldrick, I've looked for earlier version of mkv on this site for quite sometime but couldnt find any version before 2.0. How did u manage to locate the 1.5 version?
    Quote Quote