VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:43. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The S-VHS side of these units is equivalent to the JVC SR-V101US (or any of the numerous older JVC S-VHS consumer machines with DigiPure TBC/DNR)

The DVD recorder side is about the same as other JVC DVD recorders (like the old DR-M10S, for example)

Don't spend too much on one of these newer combo units. Despite the fact they are part of JVC's "Pro Line", they are actually pretty lightweight and not very well put together. They function just fine, but aren't worth the many hundreds of dollars they want for them.

Separate components are better, period.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 12
    Last edited by Anonymous4; 11th Mar 2017 at 10:43. Reason: Scrubbing myself from the Internet.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 12
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded the manual. It's appears that this machine does have a FR mode. This was probably the last model to have the FR record mode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The other JVC DVD recorders I am familiar with (DR-M10, DR-M100, DR-MV5, DR-MV1, DR-MX1, DR-MH30, etc.) all have the "Super MPEG" pre processing and playback processing.

The SR-MV40, SR-MV45, SR-MV50 and SR-MV55 are all essentially the same unit. Some of them have an RS-232 port for computerized control of their functions (a useless feature for most people).
    Quote Quote  
  7. 12
    Quote Quote