VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone please help me?
    I have a DVD recorder with only an analogue tuner. My LCD has integrated digital and HD. I cannot figure out why the digital channels will not tune in? Help please!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does your LCD TV have any video outputs(not input) so you can connect it to the dvd recorder? Or else it wont work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah it does. It has both s-video and the yellow lead. So I should be able to tune in the digital if i plug something into the video output? Do i need to put anything in audio output from the tv?

EDIT: it has a "coaxal digital audio connector" but i suppose thats not for digital tv? Just audio
    Quote Quote  
  4. plugging in the yellow/red/white leads into output on the tv/input on dvd player doesn't seem to work..i don't suppose s-video would make any difference?

sigh, there really doesn't seem to even be much point of an analogue tuner ....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your DVD Recorder won't be able to tune into the digital channels. All it will be able to do is receive whatever the TV is passing through it's AV out. This means you can only record what you are watching. I have a separate HD tuner attached to my DVD Recorder. The DVDR remains tuned only to it's AV in and records whatever channel the HD box is showing.

You will have to use the RCA audio outputs to connect audio to your DVDR
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If i go to the video selection the only channels there are analog..i tried scanning again but it won't find any digital. When i did autoscan it found 2,7,9,10,28,31. But no selection that is just "av"(i remember on old video players there was that) Do i need to maybe manual scan to find the av?

Or do i just go to the digital channel i want to record and try just recording that?

Should i just by a digital tuner?

thanks for all your help btw
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try setting your Dvd rec to av2 or ext1 .. whatever it says in the manual, that corresponds to the input you have chosen. Post your make and model of tv and recorder and someone will reply with connections. Whatever you do you will only be able to record what you are watching on (digital) TV.
    Is oz fully digital ??no Analog FTA?
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote