VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I m now in very much confused.
    I've 2 different disc. each disc contains 4 mivies each (DVD9 7.81GB each disc). But, I will pick 1 movie from 1 disc & another from other disc & just burn with nero 7 SE. Before that, I've compressed them with DVD shrink 3.2.

So, I just copy & paste only the .VOB files in the hard disk. 2 movies totally 4.35 GB. But, when I import 1st movie (2.52 GB) in nero 7 ("make your own movie" option), then it's showing that total properties in over 4 GB!!!

How is this possible? Then how can I write 2 movies in 1 DVD-R disc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nerovision will probably reconvert the video so it will be bigger. Try instead nero recode and import the dvd sources.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a) You can't just copy and paste vobs from here and there and hope to get a new disc. DVDs simply do not work like that.

b) Nero is probably trying to re-encode your over compressed video. Why ? In part because Nero just does that sometimes, or simply because of the ****-eyed way you have tried to build your DVD in the first place

I would ditch Nero from the process entirely, but that is just me. If you are in love with Nero, try finding the check box that says not to encode compliant files, and see if it listens. If it does then you should be able to proceed without further problems.

If it doesn't, use something better to author with. GUIForDVDAuthor is free, won't re-encode your compliant video, and will probably create a disc that is closer to spec than Nero. However it won't hold your hand and give you lots of pretty, cliched templates to work with.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Ya, I tried with nero7. There is an option something like "NeroSmartEncode"(attachment)-I just disabled it, but no change. It's just expanding shrinked movies-I don't know why? If any one knows how to disable/stop to re Encode shrinked movies, plz inform.
    And, I also tried with GUIForDVDAuthor after shrinkd the movie "WANTED-2.54GB from 3.71GB" just for testing. It's not re-encoding, thats good. But, u know in a total dvd movie, files are splitted such as VTS_01.VOB, VTS_2.VOB VTS_03.VOB. So, when I m importing in GUIF, then It's making 3 individual films (film1/film2/film3) & also making 3 titles!!! But I need to make 1 title with 1 movie. Perhaps I am missing something...

Thanks in advance...

neroencode.doc
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    you cant disable the reencode it will do it regardless of what you tell it,I emailed nero and they said there is no way to turn it off,it will do it anyway
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD ReMake Pro, maybe.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I've compressed 1 total movie file in mpeg2 format udssing VOB2MPEG & create DVD movie with GUIForDVDAuthor, but all subtitle vanished.N
    ow I need to create sub title. I have the subtitlecreateor, but how can't understand how to create? From which option? pleasew give me short instruction...
    Quote Quote