VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to convert title to chapter? For example, I got 1.avi, 2.avi and I drag and drop them both to convertxtodvd and made a dvd folder and some of my dvd players won't let me skip a title, so I can't skip from 1.avi to 2.avi, so I need to make the title a chapter so my dvd player will skip the title.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Flick. Drop both AVIs onto the same title, and set your chapter stops to be based on the file joins. You will get continuous playback if you want it, but can skip from chapter to chapter with the next button.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good thinking, but I already converted to dvd I just want to edit the .ifo to make title to chapter, I've tried pgcedit, but it's too complicated, is there any way I can do it? I need to skip title and want my dvd player(xbox 360) to think of it as chapter, so I want to know how to edit the .ifo file somehow to make title to chapter, please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just edit the IFO. You have to go in and alter the way the navigation is programmed, so PGCEdit is your best bet.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried PGCEdit, but it totally confused me, can you provide a step to step instruction for title to become chapter please, I beg of you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are different ways to do so in DVDRemake:
    1. Remove all existing chapters/programs, create a very short cell close to the end and give it program attribute. Then in case the titles are in 'play all' chain (if not, you can edit for this), 'next' button will lead to next title. This will not work for 'previous' though.
    2.You can keep all chapters in place if you agree to use 'root menu' button for skipping titles. Give a pre-command to each 'root' menu PGC to go to a VMG PGC with a pre-command for playback of next VMG title. This will work in case each title is in its own VTS (otherwise you'll need to use registers in your editing) and root menu is not used for addressing titles from VMG or from inside a title (otherwise you can edit this addressing to other menu category).
    3.More complicated editing but both next/previous should work. Remove all chapters/programs and add 2 empty PGC's to each title. Edit their next/previous attributes so that 'next' for main PGC led to the first added PGC and 'previous' led to the second one. Pre-commands for those PGCs should lead to VMG (as in version 1 + add commands for previous titles).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Joining vob is really not my thing, hech54, but thanks for trying to help me though.
    Alexander, the first method would only work for "next" and not "previous" doesn't sound very attractive to me, the 2nd method involve using root menu for skipping title is a little odd, so I'll definitely stick with the 3rd method through complicated steps, you're too technical, I'm impressed by your knowledge, mate, but I don't know how to do anything in PGCedit, that program is way too confusing for me, like adding 2 empty PGC's to each title, I don't even know how to do that. So can you please provide step to step instructions on how to do it, I'd really appreciate it, pozhaluista?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can only explain it for DVDRemake, maybe someone translates it for PGCEdit.
    The idea is to have 1 program for each title. Then it is possible to edit for navigation with next/previous buttons. I'm assuming there is a separate VTS for each title.
    1.Open DVD folder in DVDRemake and expand DVD tree. Highlight PGC of the first title. Look into Programs pane on the right, where cells/programs are listed. Number of programs (for which next/previous buttons work) can be equal to or less than number of cells. You can remove program attributes from each cell (except first) by right-clicking -> delete program.
    In Titles of the VTS leave only the first chapter, remove the rest with delete key. Repeat all this for the other titles.
    2.For each VTS right-click on 'Program Chains' line in DVD tree and use 'Add PGC'. A PGC with empty video block will be added. Do it once more for all title PGCs except for the first and the last one. From right click on each new PGC assign it to the same title (VTS title 1).
    3. Set previous/next attributes for main PGCs (representing your titles). With PGC1(title 1) highlighted, find 'Extras' tab on the right and double-click on it. Select #2 as Next PGC and #3 as Prev PGC. In the first title leave default #0 for 'Prev PGC' and in the last one - #0 for 'Next PGC'.
    4.In VMG menu add as many empty PGCs as the number of titles you have (right-click on Menus in Video Manager). In pre-command list of each created PGC: right-click->Add_Command ->Jump/Call instructions->Jump VMG Title# (use proper number for each title from 'VMG titles').
    5.Add pre-commands to the PGCs created in VTS titles: Jump/Call instructions->"Call VMG PGC#(resume cell1)' using # of PGC you created in VMG with proper next/previous title## in command parameter.
    6.Test using the fast 'Export test DVD' option (5 second for each cell). Export full project when it's OK.
    Quote Quote