VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I hope the topic describes it. I have tried hocking up my xbox 360 to the back of my dvd recorder (Sony RDR-GXD310) via composite cable (red, white yellow). The back of my recordable dvd player has 4 Line-ins, 1 & 3 are Scart and 2 and 4 composite. When i turned both the systems on i would not see an image, when i pressed the TV>DVD button (viseversa maybe) the image would show, so i thought great it should record, so i put a DVD-RW in and hit record and started playing some games. When I had finished i stopped the recording, it wrote the data to disc, when i put it in my computer it would state there was 0GB of 0GB free, which was random, and there was nothing to play back on the dvd player, just a blank screen. As of now i have only tried composite cable in Line 2 if i remember, i could only get sound out of Line 4 when it was on DVD mode (i presume it was that mode, since there wasn't a TV channel) but no picture.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me, the quality of the image seemed pretty good even though it was 480i on my HDTV. Will using scart in Line 3 fix the problem? or have I gone wrong somewhere. I can take pictures of the back of the dvd recorder so you can get a better idea if this description is not clear.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Many games are NTSC....you know that don't you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I notice that, but if thats the case wouldn't the image be split on the screen? I have tried PAL 50 even on the xbox 360 dashboard and it hasn't worked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Very few DVD recorders can record anything but a genuine signal.
    Quote Quote