VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, quite a few questions here. I'm one that tries to find out things for myself but this is a little daunting when I don't know what you use. I need your help.

So, I bought some DVDs when I was in Spain. The films themselves are English so they have English audio on them anyway, so that's fine. But I thought It would be nice to remove the Spanish audio and subs because Spanish is default. Then I don't have to change audio from SPN to ENG before watching.

It would also be nice to modify the button because when viewing say extras it can be rather confusing when it's all in Spanish.

I have had a look through the tools on the DVD to DVD section but again it's a little daunting to decide which to use. so I'd like your input on the best way to achieve this, and the best of of the best Freeware or Payware I don't mind.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-
    But I thought It would be nice to remove the Spanish audio and subs because Spanish is default. Then I don't have to change audio from SPN to ENG before watching.
    You could remove them (demux with PGCDemux, remux with Muxman leaving out the stuff you don't want, and replace back into the original DVD using VobBlanker), or you could easily make English the default language and have the Spanish subs not play unless you specifically turn them on. I use PGCEdit for this kind of thing.
    It would also be nice to modify the button because when viewing say extras it can be rather confusing when it's all in Spanish.
    Perhaps easier might be to add some English language text to the menus to translate the Spanish in the menus. I have a guide for that:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html#1606732
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Groovy. Thank you.

So how do I set English audio as default and delete subs? Beacuse oddly the subs no matter what language won't turn off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Beacuse oddly the subs no matter what language won't turn off.
    Are you sure they aren't burned into the video? Play a VOB by itself (not the DVD, but a VOB). If you see subs, nothing can be done. Anyway, put the DVD on the hard drive. Open it in PGCEdit. Here's a guide to switching audio streams around so a different one (in your case English) becomes the default audio played:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showpost.php?p=296707&postcount=1

And if your subs are really selectable, here's a guide to turning them off so they don't start automatically:

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/2cool/subtitles/subtitles_off_d...lt_pgcedit.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another thought to consider is to remove the subs and audio you don't want with dvdshrink. Really simple there.

Of course that will only work if your subs are selectable and not burned into the video like manono mentioned.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717
    Of course that will only work if your subs are selectable and not burned into the video like manono mentioned.
    Easy way to tell that: when watching on TV, zoom the picture. If the subs are separate, they will stay the same while the picture enlarges "under" them. If they're burnt in, they will enlarge (and probably get noticeably grainy).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the end I had to run it through DVD Shrink and uncheck the Spanish audio/subs and burn off. It's rather too complex for me. I did however manage to remove the ads.

However I do have other DVDs to do so I'll have a good re-read though those guides again at some point, manono.

Thank you all for the quick responses.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I am just amazed by this thread. I will refrain from the many strongly negative and insulting comments this whole thing deserves and say simply that I am amazed at how much work the original poster is willing to do on multiple DVDs rather than just punch a couple of buttons on a remote control.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was going to say in my original post that this is rather trivial. But it's something to be doing to familiarize myself with editing/stripping etc.

Though, this needed to be done anyway with this DVD actually. Because oddly when selected English audio English subs also come up and they cannot be turn off... And no I'm not being dumb.
    Quote Quote