VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I have a 360 and I'm trying to convert problems but I'm running into a few problems. I download GOTSent 0.24 Beta 3 and it works alright in converting 720P .mkv files but I have some troubles. I downloaded that Nero AAC codec and I put all four .exe's in the Gotsent folder and I tried to convert an 7GB .mkv file. I set it to split 4GB so I can play. But I get an error in the beginning in the conversion that says "Error during aac conversion" I just press x and the conversion continues. How do I know the final .mkv has aac audio? Did I put the Nero AAC codec's in the correct place? By the way, I have the K-Lite Mega Codec pack. It plays all my .mkv's and everything normally and I don't have the Nero program, just the aac codec.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MediaInfo will tell you want is inside the MKV

I could be wrong but I think GOTSent only works when the audio is AC-3

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I checked the info for one of my converted files and it is AAC.
    BUT the original file is AC-3? So why do I get this error in Gotsent when I convert my .mkv?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I too seem to be getting the same error. hmm....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone want to help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't help with the GOTSent issue but maybe you can try an alternative. I've never used it but XenonMKV claims to do the same as GOTSent. So you might want to try that. Another option is XVID4PSP (a program I use and can offer assistance on).

"The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I can't help with the GOTSent issue but maybe you can try an alternative. I've never used it but XenonMKV claims to do the same as GOTSent. So you might want to try that. Another option is XVID4PSP (a program I use and can offer assistance on).

I also use XenonMKV but I get an error with MP4Box asking me to end the process but it also continues to work.

With Xvid4PSP, does it convert .mkv to a Xbox 360-playable format? Also does it compress any of the video or does it just re-encode the audio like the others?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by albo23
    Originally Posted by FulciLives

I also use XenonMKV but I get an error with MP4Box asking me to end the process but it also continues to work.

With Xvid4PSP, does it convert .mkv to a Xbox 360-playable format? Also does it compress any of the video or does it just re-encode the audio like the others?
    Assuming you have h.264 video that is XboX 360 compliant then you can use XVID4PSP to just "copy" the video and just "re-encode" the audio all into an MP4 file. It works but again only if the video is already XBOX 360 compatible. Otherwise you have a "proper" MP4 file but one that doesn't play on the XboX 360.

There is a program called H264info that will allow you to change the h.264 Level to Level 4.1 as it is common to find h.264 files that use Level 5.1 but changing it to 4.1 without actually re-encoding the video may or may not work ... it really boils down to the other encoding parameters such as how many reference frames etc.

So basically first check to see the parameters of the h.264 video in the MKV ... this can be done with MediaInfo which seems to be a "standard" now for checking the parameters of h.264 videos.. If it is Level 5.1 then you will need to switch it to Level 4.1 using H264info. H264info only works on "raw" h.264 streams so you will have to manually demux using something like MKVExtractGUI (works for me).

If the MKV was A-OK then do as I said before. Load it into XVID4PSP and select the XBOX 360/PS3 format. Set video to "copy" and the audio will already be set to 2.0 AAC-LC 128kbps. You can use a higher bitrate if you want but it must be 2.0 and if your have 5.1 AC-3 etc. you will have to adjust the audio parameters (where it will allow you to downmix to Stereo or Dolby Pro Logic II etc.)

If you have to demux then you can just convert the AC-3 to AAC using the AUDIO ONLY mode of XVID4PSP then mux yourself into a MP4 using YAMB etc.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possible solution for this is running GOTsent as administrator(rightclick), or changing the output folder.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you FulciLives for your post. I have spent an hour trying to convert a mkv to mp4 using GOTSent. It works for files that have an audio of AAC but not for AC-3. I kept getting "Error during aac conversion" no matter what the ac3 filter settings. And yes i am properly using nero encoder.

Using MediaInfo and XviD4PSP I am able to get my mkv 720p movies to mp4 format,Then burn to a disk, and watch on my Xbox 360.

I strongly recommend this if your mkvs are not encoding the audio. (if you get a blank from the audio select drop down menu in GOTSent this is a sign)

You Must follow FulciLives steps like the audio must be 2 channels and such. This is probably the furthest down the rabbit hole you can get with this topic, But it Will work.

Best regards, Amishguy
    Quote Quote  
  11. ..
    Last edited by mortentwok; 26th Mar 2011 at 16:10.
    Quote Quote