VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help? I have followed the instructions on one of the posts to make my dvd player multi region - menu, 5,7,5,3,8 - change region, menu, menu. Ive done this and now the dvd player will only play region 1.

does anyone know how i can rectify this - ive tried practically all the codes ive found on this forum

its a samsung r155

thanks

pixie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes manufacturers change hardware during production and it breaks hacks that used to work. This may have happened to you.

Take the player back if you can for a refund and try to get another model that comes unlocked. We've had posts this week suggesting that some UK vendors do sell DVD players that come unlocked in the box. We're getting an awful lot of posts now from people in various countries reporting that hacks no longer work on various models, so it seems to me that it's becoming harder all the time to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi there - thanks for the reply. doesnt help me though - the dvd player is not new and i only put the hack in it on wednesday so that i could watch a region 1 dvd - now thats all the dvd player will play.

if anyone knows an up to date hack to rectify this i would be grateful

thanks
    Quote Quote