Hello everyone,

I did a bit of a search to check for other posts with this problem, only found one with not much of a solution.

My current project involves old Xvid and/or Div-X clips that are built into a finished project. I'm early on, with less than 50 secs of video on the timeline and I want to render what I've done so far to test the quality etc.

The closest I have come to a result is a hideous .wmv where both sound and video lag behind. I have tried .avi in Xvid, Divx, .wmv, .mpg, all in different quality settings and every attempt besides the first one has just given me a black screen, audio is fine.

I have checked the clip opacity, no problems there, and have unchecked the 'render loop' thing, two possible solutions I saw in the other post. I've noticed a bunch of people on Youtube leave comments saying they have the same issue. I've had trouble in the past with Premiere (with different versions) of getting black clips when importing and exporting, but I doubt there's anything wrong with my clips, which can't easily be redone

I'm hoping the solution to this is so simple it's staring me in the face ^^

Cheers
ps: running a 1.6ghz dual core laptop, 1gb ram, fairly normal xp sp2 system