VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    When ever I try to play a movie in the latest version of VLC media player it looks saturated with blue. I've reinstalled it, but its still the same, the video plays fine with windows media player
    The more you know the more you know that you don't know
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just a guess, but VLC may be in overlay mode while WMP is not. If so, the overlay color adjustments may be wrong. Go to your 'Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced', then to your video card settings. Have VLC running a video and you should see the overlay color adjustments.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the prompt reply,I followed your instuctions 'Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced' and this is the box that came up, I have onboard graphics, I don't really know what to look for, here is a snapshot

image1.jpg.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I haven't been around a S3 chipset in a while. But the adjustments should be in those top two rows. I would just explore. I could be wrong about the overlay adjustments, but that does sound like the problem. They are separate from your Windows display settings that WMP likely uses and are usually available when overlay mode is in use. They should have no effect on your Windows displays.

EDIT: I fixed your image tags.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a go
    Quote Quote  
  6. In VLC you can also go to "Settings", "Extended Gui", click enable in the Video Adjustment box and tweak the colors to your liking. Same with the audio Settings Equalizer. When it is right in the latest versions you can save that by going to Settings, Preferences, Save.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TBoneit
    In VLC you can also go to "Settings", "Extended Gui", click enable in the Video Adjustment box and tweak the colors to your liking. Same with the audio Settings Equalizer. When it is right in the latest versions you can save that by going to Settings, Preferences, Save.
    I enabled the video adjustment box and moved the sliders but nothing changed
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try settings=>preferences=>reset all=>save

Then close the player and reopen the video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I ran the install program again, it gave me the option to remove all old preferences, which I did, reinstalled, and it works fine, thanks to all for your help
    Quote Quote