VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok ran out of room on the title

Long story short I just formatted my PC and now all my video encodes have a looping problem (will play once but not loop). The seekbar will either jump from end to start or seem to just jitter near the end . While the video does in fact get a image of the first frame but it does not do anything else (expect maybe jitter a little).

All these encodes were xvid.

In addition if I open up ANY video (including one that is bugging out) then open up another MPC and put the vid in that also, that vid will work fine and loop fine (yea, weird).

VB seemed to once say something about an infinite loop but it might have been about something else... since then it hasnt popped up.

Some of the codecs I installed: CCCP, Xvid, Divx, qlite, realalt, mkvinst, 3ivx.

NOTE: So far it seems only my encodes are doing this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Looping or returning to the start is a function of the player, not the file. In MPC go to View -> Options -> Playback and set Repeat Forever, Play [n] Times, or Rewind When Done Playing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPC is working fine (well, in MPC standards) because all other vids loop correctly.

This is a codec issue because the vids obviously work correctly in VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. bump
    Quote Quote  
  5. well whats the name of the tool that tells you what codecs XX video is using? Maybe I can take a look into that...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Right click on the video in MPC and select Filters to see the filters currently in use.
    Quote Quote