VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For all those recoding/editing videos, I have Hauppauge HDPCR that I have now used to create a bunch of High Def transfer streams (i.e. 1920x1080@9megbits TS Files) that I wish to edit to cut and paste sections of the stream (i.e. remove commercials) without altering the source audio/video resolution or creating audio sync problems. Can anyone lend their expertise and give advice as to what the best program is for quickly and easily cutting and pasting in the native resolution of the stream?

Thanks

JC
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Correct. It captures video streams in a compressed H.264 format at 1920x1080@9Megabits with with AAC audio. The streams are TS extension, but can be viewed with Media player in vista or XP. I have some experience with many video editors (i.e. Vegas, Pinnacle, Nero etc.), however I am unsure how to avoid re-eoncoding the stream and causing audio sync issue. I wanted to confer with the experienced users here to determine which application was the best for a simple cut & paste to trim unwanted content from the stream without altering the source properties of the capture.

Thanks

JC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try h264 TS Cutter. It's kind of crude, but it might do the job.

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=1466&ssid=0&did=1
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jcage89,
    I just got mine a couple of days ago and I am having tons of problem editing the clips.
    Actually the application comes with it, ArcSoft Total Media Extreme, can do editing but it is not very user friendly but should get the job done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by unplug
    Hi Jcage89,
    I just got mine a couple of days ago and I am having tons of problem editing the clips.
    Actually the application comes with it, ArcSoft Total Media Extreme, can do editing but it is not very user friendly but should get the job done.
    Hi, I saw the "cutting room" option under "create disc" in Arcsoft, but my goal was to trim the native TS without re-encoding it. If you figured out how to do this with Arcsoft total media, pleasae share.

A terrific example of what I'm looking for is Video Redo Suite. I use this on the highdef Mpeg2 streams created in SageTV throguh my HD Homerun units and it cuts them perfectly and cleans up the stream without altering the source leaving a smaller native resolution file. The problem is that it does not handle H264.

JC
    Quote Quote