VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have a MKV file from a movie and would like to convert it to a DVD. The source file is very high in quality (7Gb total) and contains multiple audio / subtitle tracks.

I found FAVC could do the job, but will it keep all the audio and subtitles tracks in the output DVD? If not, is there any way to make a direct conversion (MKV > DVD) and keep all the "extras"?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TioSolid
    I found FAVC could do the job, but will it keep all the audio and subtitles tracks in the output DVD?
    no

Originally Posted by TioSolid
    If not, is there any way to make a direct conversion (MKV > DVD) and keep all the "extras"?
    no
    you'll have to go manual, at least partly.

tripp
    "I'll give you five dollars if you let me throw a rock at you"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFlick and MkvExtractGui might be worth a try. I haven't tried both multiple audio tracks and subtitles, but DVDFlick has the ability to add both. First you would need to extract the subtitles and audio tracks you want with MkvExtractGui. In DVDFlick add the original MKV file to your project, then add the extracted subtitles and audio tracks using "edit title" on the right side of the project page. There is a built in help file with pictures to guide you.
    Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by note-2-tom
    DVDFlick and MkvExtractGui might be worth a try. I haven't tried both multiple audio tracks and subtitles, but DVDFlick has the ability to add both. First you would need to extract the subtitles and audio tracks you want with MkvExtractGui. In DVDFlick add the original MKV file to your project, then add the extracted subtitles and audio tracks using "edit title" on the right side of the project page. There is a built in help file with pictures to guide you.
    Good luck.
    THanks very much for all the replies. Will check the DVD Flick tool when I arrive at home. It looks exaclty what I need
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, it worked but the subtitles are a bit messy. When I should read "Can We Talk?" the .ass file says "Can We TaIk?"

Does anybody knows why?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So that is an I rather than an l in 'talk'?

What font was used in the subs? Someone might have used an uppercase 'I' to make the letter stand out more in the original subtitles, based upon the font being used.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    TioSolid wrote:
    Well, it worked but the subtitles are a bit messy. When I should read "Can We Talk?" the .ass file says "Can We TaIk?"

Does anybody knows why?
    Actually that .ass file was based on a .srt file which was OCR-generated.
    And as we all know, cheapo OCR engines do suck.

P.S.: Your avatar is really annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  8. So that is an I rather than an l in 'talk'?

What font was used in the subs? Someone might have used an uppercase 'I' to make the letter stand out more in the original subtitles, based upon the font being use
    Yes, its an I (indian) instead of a l (lonely), but in the original subtitle (while watching the video) the sub is fine (no i instead of l).

Actually that .ass file was based on a .srt file which was OCR-generated.
    And as we all know, cheapo OCR engines do suck. sick.gif
    I thought about the same thing. Is there any way to force mkvextract to use a given font instead of its default one for OCR'ing ?

And LOL about your comment of my avatar :P
    Quote Quote