VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All,Can anyone please give me the name of a video editing program which would make the mouths of my cats talk in their videos?Remember Mr.Ed the talking horse?(now I'm dating myself!LOL)The way Hollywood did for the movie,"Barn Yard".Thank you.ProducerHarley.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use Adobe After Effect
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mr Ed was done completely with editing. No special effects (way too old for that). Modern films use 3D models and animation, which requires a lot of skill. General done with a mixture of Maya or XSI and a lot of in-house custom modules. It is then composited onto live action plates to complete the effect.

If you are working on a budget then you might be able to get a comical effect using a mophing program such as winmorph.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here's something that will absolutely, positively blow your mind. Try CrazyTalk software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Peanut butter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also create a series of simple mouth shapes in any graphic program (or find on the Internet), and insert them into your video clip. Have you seen any of the Robot Chicken animation that use this? Do a search for "Robot Chicken".

I believe there was a tool used to synchronize stop motion animation speech called Magpie Pro. I think it had some GIFs of basic mouth shapes for different sounds.

Take a look at the little EVIL smiley face Just a couple of simple shapes that cycle.

If you are looking at trying to make the cat appear that they really are talking then you would need specific software to do this (or the peanut butter trick and hope your subject cooperates). However, sometimes the more you try to make things look real the worse they turn out, so sometimes taking a less serious approach is better. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Quote