VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a few videos I have ripped using dvd decrypter. The ripped videos play perfectly, but when I encode them the audio is out of sync. I used Vidomi to encode the videos but the audio is out of sync. I have used Vidomi before with no problems but now it is not working. I have tried using different programs such as AutoKG and open video converter, and I get the same results every time, the audio is out of sync. And by out of sync I mean the audio is delayed a couple seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

Are you using DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode, as you should? If so, then perhaps these movies are from the last few years, have newer copy protections DVD Decrypter can't handle as it's no longer being updated, and it's time to switch decrypters. Try DVDFab HD Decrypter set for Main Movie Mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes IFO Mode.
    So the file.vob(s) even though they work fine, can't be encoded to file.avi ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I too am having the same problem. I use dvd decrytor and use it in IFO mode to copy the movies. I have tried megui, staxrip, and videora all with the same out of sync problems. I have been trying to convert the Matrix now for a few days and with no luck. I was thinking just uninstalling all my codecs and encoders and reinstalling on what I need. Would this help at all? I am really at a lose as I have 3-4 dvd's that I want to get encoded for my HTPC before I leave for school.

This use to be an easy proccess yet now it is killing me everytime I encode something and the audio is out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Possible causes of this kind of problem include...

Using VBR audio - CBR is much more reliable, but many encoding applications default to VBR.

I had this happen once - I could rip a DVD, no problem, but when I tried to encode it to another format, I had horrible sync problems. I figured out that what was happening was that there was a studio intro in the video that was sometimes being included in the video portion, but the audio didn't start until the movie did, so what I had was in effect a video file longer than the audio file. I had to use a video editor to remove the offending intro segment and then what was left over would encode without sync issues. I found this by ripping the audio separately into its own file and listening to it, which made me realize that the problem was that the audio started immediately with the TV episode, but the video started with some kind of intro first. Something like this could be your problem.

The Matrix is an EXTREMELY complicated DVD that pushes the format to its boundaries. I remember that years ago people had all kinds of problems converting it to Divx. It has seemless branching and all kinds of things that can mess with your attempts to encode it. I doubt that a new form of copy protection is to blame but more likely some sort of ripping issue.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm surprised AutoGK didn't work for you.... Give XviD4PSP a try,or FUW (there is a free one)..
    Also avidemux is supposedly better at handling VBR audio,if that's the problem..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  7. I remember something similar happened to me a while back, and the cause was a corrupted avisynth install. I uninstalled/reinstalled (with minimal plugins) and everything was fine after - worth a try imo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like to encode my files to H.264 codec by the way
    Quote Quote  
  9. @backlash

I was referring to x.264 with MeGUI. The only other thing is that DVD Decrypter doesn't work unless you have AnyDVD also. Or use DVDFab HD decrypter. DVD Decrypter is unreliable because it hasn't been updated in a few years. Fixed for me when avisynth was reinstalled.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Me too, been having audio sync issues all week with some of my newer dvds. And I've been using avi.net for quite sometime. I have no clue what's going on.

I rip properly with the latest dvdfab decrypter, I then rip the proper chain with PGC.net. However, when AVI.net indexes and loads the movie to be ready to encode, the audio is out of sync. It's been hit and miss, mostly misses with newer movies.

All the proper tools such as AVISynth v2.5.7, Vobsub v2.2.3, XviD v1.1.3, and ac3 Filter v1.46 are installed. Someone said I might have downloaded things that screwed up my PC, but the thing is, I tried on my downstairs computer too and it's the same audio sync issue.

Maybe it's time to try a new program? Do you guys recommend anything else? I don't mind paying as long as it's solid.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have anydvd but I didn't think that had any reason to why my audio was out of sync because any dvd simply helps break the protection on the dvd's. I have played the vob files and all my dvd's are fluent and have no sync issues. I am pretty sure that this is caused by the encoding. I will retry encoding another movie after I reinstall all the correct codecs.

Do you suggest installing the codecs seperate or useing one of the "codec packs" I have been useing K-lite codec pack for a few years and haven't really had any problems untill now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    some help please, I am still running into issues. My vob files are completely fine and no syncing isssues at all. I even tried to re-rip the main movie and then re-run seperate encoders and mux the audio to the video and still no luck. This time I tried No Country for Old Men and I am still getting the audio out of sync. I can not correct this either because I my MPC will not movie the audio for some reason....
    Quote Quote  
  13. I had the same problem with "21" DVD.
    Ripped fine
    Choosed the larger PCG
    Ran it through AutoGK
    It ended up being about 15-20 seconds out of sync

Ran it through FUW and it was fine

I also tried keeping the orginal 5.1, but it was out of sync too
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am really ending up at a lose here because every movie that I try to convert ends up out of sync. Something is wrong here with my work flow or my set of codecs because I have tried to convert the same movie on threee different computers with no luck at all. I really don't know what to do about this....
    Quote Quote  
  15. If it happens to EVERY movie (different movies), and on different computers, that suggests it's a problem with your process.

Clean out your codecs and reinstall avisynth. Try to avoid codec packs, because they may cause conflicts

Rip with a recent version anydvd or dvdfab hd decrypter. Improperly decrypted videos can end up out of sync (even if the VOB seems to play normally)

Is your script correct? Did you specify correct FPS? How are you encoding the audio?

Perhaps try xvid4psp, which installs filters/plugins in a separate directory independent of your system install; so if your existing codecs/plugins are corrupted, this might work.

FYI, No Country For Old Men definitely fails with DVD Decrypter
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by backlash
    some help please, I am still running into issues. My vob files are completely fine and no syncing isssues at all. I even tried to re-rip the main movie and then re-run seperate encoders and mux the audio to the video and still no luck. This time I tried No Country for Old Men and I am still getting the audio out of sync. I can not correct this either because I my MPC will not movie the audio for some reason....
    If you have DVD Decrypter, de-select a chapter 1 (cell 1) and the last chapter 17 that has 0:15 seconds. These chapters are in No country for Old Men and some newer DVDs. So try to uncheck them because if you don't do this and you try to encode the movie to mp4 or avi the movie will come out of sync.
    Quote Quote