VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I usually record TV programs with my satellite card in TS format, and then I demuxed them with Projectx. By this way I get the DVB subtitles converted to SUP subtitles. But I haven't found a way to convert these SUP appropriately to idx/vob subtitles in order to use them with the Xvid file that I get after converting the TS/MPEG video.

DVB subtitles have normally many colours, and the idx/vob that I get using the Subtitle Creator tools are simply unwatchable.

Is there a way to convert the coloured (or not coloured, because I think the problem is not only the colour) DVB subtitles to a right format (idx/vob, I guess) that can be used with the Xvid format?

Thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've been trying for days to get these subs watchables with an Xvid I made from the original mpeg-2 that was in the transport stream, but there's no way.

I paste here a link to all the subs I ripped with ProjectX. There are three formats: sup, son and idx/vob.

http://rapidshare.com/files/144608202/idx_son_sup.rar.html

I only want to learn a way to compress my tv recordings, keeping all the streams, that's to say, including the DVB subtitles. But I'm about to give up.

I would appreciate very much some help. Thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  3. Error
    The file could not be found. Please check the download link.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. Now I have fixed the link.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can you convert SUP to SRT? It's NOT required to have IDX/SUB format for Divx playback. In fact, in my experience SRT actually works more reliably with DVD players than IDX/SUB.

It seems that it's very difficult to work with DVB subtitles. The forums at http://www.doom9.net could be a good place to ask this question if you can't get help here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Can you convert SUP to SRT?
    Thanks for answering. Yes I tried several programs trying to convert SUP to SRT, but it didn't work. The OCR couldn't recognize well the images.

I already asked in doom9 forum, but, as you said, it seems it's very difficult to work with DVB subtitles.
    Let's wait to see if somebody finds a workaround or something that works fine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to do exactly the same thing - its really tedious. Does anyone know of a special setting or something to make this run smoothly?

I am trying to get a process whereby all the subs can get automatically from all my recordings.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Open the SUP file in DVDSubEdit. In the bottom right, "Run OCR". In the bottom right, "Save as SRT".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

You can have a look at this thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1163973#post1163973

Cheers
    Manusse
    Quote Quote