VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys - first time poster, long time pulling my hair out trying to unlock my DVD player! The wife has threatened to club me to death with it soon if I dont (a) get it working so she can watch the Dancing on Ice Christmas special on DVD....(seems like a good reason NOT to unlock the player???) or (b) if I dont stop "P*****G around with that bloody DVD player and help me tidy up!"....(again, another reason NOT to unlock it eh???)

Still, I have got Titanic on DVD R2 that I'd like to watch, but my DVD player is set to R4....

does anyone know of a region unlock hack so that I can keep everyone happy??

It's a Philips HTS3568DW/75 bought in Oz.

Cheers for the help (in advance)!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried the DVD hacks on the left side of the screen?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah, looked at them but my player is not listed....tried some of the other Philips hacks listed but none of them seem to work......
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Harsh reality...
    All players can't be unlocked.
    Some players that could be unlocked will have hardware changes by the manufacturer that break the unlock codes.

Philips players used to be great as just about everything they made could be unlocked, but I'm seeing more and more posts like yours about recent models. They may have stopped letting this information leak out or simply re-designed the players to please their Sith Lords in Hollywood.

Rip the DVD to your PC. It will remove the region coding and then you can reburn it as a region free disc. We have many guides here on how to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just unlocked it from a hack posted by videohelp4k1ng

thanks guys, I'm now one very happy teddy!
    Quote Quote