VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have alot of mkvs that I want to batch remove audio & sub files. Is there a batch file out there or a program that would make my life easier?

I already use mkvtoolnix to remove them manually; but there has to be a better way. I dont need to convert anything, just remove.

If you are aware of anything, PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What is your end goal? Do you just want mkv's with only one audio and video or do you intend on converting the mkv's to mpeg so you can author to a dvd?

If your end goal is to go to dvd then you might look at makieru-suma's TShed. As far as I know it handles mkv's well and gives you options on what streams to use.

Others to consider are favc and convertx.

Bear in mind I haven't used any of these programs but am just passing along information that I know they do handle mkv content and batch processing.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No conversion. I only want 1 audio & video in the mkv and it is very tedious to do it manually for each file.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Well since mkvextract and mkvmerge are command line tools you could write a batch file to extract the two streams you want from each file and then a batch file to merge those two streams together.

I'm not real familar with those tools as far as command line goes. Mabey someone else will chime in.

if you want to try it yourself you can check out these links
    http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvextract.html
    http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/doc/mkvmerge.html#USAGE
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote