VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a Pioneer DVR-533H-S and it's worked great for 2 years, but now it won't take my HDD recordings and burn them on to DVD-Rs. It's been able to before and I have tons of DVD-Rs I've made, but now it won't even copy them on to DVD-R, finalize them or even playback previous DVD-Rs.

If I insert a DVD-R that I've made and watched before in the past, it will just read it as an empty disc, saying it has 2 free hours left to record. (But if I insert it into my Sony DVD Recorder, it will read and play the DVD-R just fine.)

I have like 5 hours left for HDD recording and would like to burn everything to DVD-R discs...but can't!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One thing thaT *might* help is to delete some stuff from the HDD, last-in-first-out (LIFO), i.e., get rid of latest dated titles, which were the ones added last, prob. in fragments all over the HDD.

People who've done this have noticed that, after deleting some portion of latest-dated files, HDD suddenly shows much more time available. Once that happens, you might get full operation back... or not. If so, get rid of as many titles as you can by dubbing or deleting, LIFO style, and then keep HDD "cleaner" or with more available space, esp. if you do a lot of editing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.

I got an email back from Pioneer yesterday saying I should try resetting the unit by pressing STOP and shutting off the power at the same time. I was worried that this might erase my HDD recordings, but they said it would only reset the system settings.....but I'm still afraid to try it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought the STOP/Power button reset was one you tried... do it cuz it works w/o deleting any recordings on the HDD.

With unit on, you press STOP on front of unit (not the remote), then simultaneously press the power button, also on the machine.

Machine will turn off. Turn it back on and all settings will be back to factory-fresh, incl. TVGOS, so just start setup as if it were a new machine.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay, thanks.
    Quote Quote