VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    In my music folders...I have a folder for each group and inside that a folder for each cd. I have album art and occasionally an NFO or other file.

I am noticing when I download a lot of music from newsgroups there are a about 5 files with names like:

AlbumArt_{5CD0E7AD-6452-410A-9DCB-24122263416D}_Large
    AlbumArt_{5CD0E7AD-6452-410A-9DCB-24122263416D}_Small
    AlbumArtSmall
    desktop
    Folder

All of the files listed above have the lightened icons (cannot even be seen in explorer unless you have the show all hidden files option enabled) All of them but the desktop file are listed as .jpg and open up a pic of the album are if opened. First of all if these are regular jpegs then why would they be hidden files? Second where are they coming from?...They are not in the download list when they are coming down in Newsbin. But, I have also been noticing these in some of the directories of cd's that I am pretty sure I ripped myself....

One more thing the desktop file is a configuration settings file and if opened in notebook reads something like this:

[.ShellClassInfo]
    FolderType=MusicAlbum
    MusicBuyUrl=providerName=AMG&albumID=53F83857-CEE6-457B-84D4-9E3202E1C058&a_id=R%20%20%20348580&album=No%20Subs tance&artistID=21339794-B036-4599-9513-EDEEF13050F5&p_id=P%20%20%20%20%203611&artist=Bad% 20Religion&locale=409&geoid=f4&version=11.0.5721.5 237&userlocale=409

or

[.ShellClassInfo]
    FolderType=MusicAlbum
    MusicBuyUrl=http://redir.metaservices.microsoft.com/redir/buynow/?providerName=AMG&albumID=80E21560-1319-4FAB-85D8-D0AA9A4BDFCF&a_id=R%20%20%20231871&album=Box%20Set &artistID=1C0769DB-1B02-444A-94C9-1538B611DC59&p_id=P%20%20%20%20%204926&artist=The% 20Misfits&locale=409&geoid=f4&version=11.0.5721.52 37&userlocale=409

Any idea what this is all about?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've noticed them myself.
    I think it comes from Windows Media Player.
    WMP downloads album art automatically, along with links to buy the CD, track details and so on.
    We'll be right back after these messages from Binford!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, I think you are right.
    I just had a folder open that did not have these files. I played a song with WMP and bang! about 10 seconds into it the files appeared?

WTF is that bullshit????
    Quote Quote  
  4. WTF is that bullshit???? It means that you didn't configure WMP to not check the internet for things.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TBoneit
    WTF is that bullshit???? It means that you didn't configure WMP to not check the internet for things.
    Ok...I didn't mind it checking...didn't know it was putting files on my hard drive!
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You could configure it so it doesn't go get that stuff which should keep it from cluttering the hard drive.

I do mind things reporting on my viewing/listening habits. One reason I opted out of Tivo tracking my viewing habits and turned off suggestions. To some those are the greatest thing since sliced bread. To Me they were a PITA as my Tivo has no way to tag a bunch of videos for bulk deletion.

Now I just use VLC and don't even have to worry about codecs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But you get those pretty album cover pictures while your music plays
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just change that bastard of a registry bracketed number hell to the band name.jpg and drag the art while all tracks are highlighted in iTunes Music Library view
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I reconfigured it right away.
    I need to just stop using it and get some good jukebox software....any recommendations? Something cool like you see in the bar jukeboxes.....
    Quote Quote