VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I am having trouble figuring out the syntax for mp4box. I want to use mp4box to extract the h264 and aac from some mp4 files. I want to do these in a batch file so command line is prefered rather than a gui like yamb unless there is a gui that allows for batch processing (yamb doesn't as far as I know).

Thanks for the help.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  2. yamb.log has the command line used to perform the operation. Do what you want in Yamb, get the comand line from the log, build your batch file around it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sweet. Didn't think to do that.

Much thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (I realize that I'm a bit late in responding, but I don't get out here as often as I used to)

Working with MP4box is tricky. At least it was for me

Yeah, you have to add in the commands a certain way, I think in a certain order for it to properly work else unpredictable or blank screen. That's what I would get in my gui. But, then I capture every "char" from the console's pipe in real time so that I don't have to have an actual (hidden) window lurking around. So, the buggyness I see might sometimes be on account of the way I have the dos's data output piping into one of my logs on screen. I find that some CLI tools act strange cause of this, but its still worth it once the kinks our ironed out -- and I have a lot of CLI tools feeding into my Tools Suite

(What I do when I want to try my hand at a partiluar function within a cli tool is select the given cli tool that features the function. There could be multiple tools featuring a given function.. i.e., ffmpeg and mencoder are examples. But its interesting to see the outcome of each tools results or performance by this sort of functionality)

But, what I do is set up a mini-help file in my HELP TAB and capture the initial output screen of the cli tool. Then I overlay it with the rest of the help files as one main or master help file. It surves as a genernal help resource instead of re-runing another dos console with the -h command every time I forget the commands of a particular tool. I used to fall in that hole every time, till I got wise

I don't know, I guess at the very least, the above could serve as a tip or too. Good luck..

-vhelp 4773
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vhelp
    (I realize that I'm a bit late in responding, but I don't get out here as often as I used to)
    Never too late for some good information...

Working with MP4box is tricky. At least it was for me
    Yep it sure was/is

Yeah, you have to add in the commands a certain way, I think in a certain order for it to properly work else unpredictable or blank screen.
    Yeah I was having similar problems.
    Jagabo's advice if looking up the command line from the yamb log was great. I found the exact command line structure I was looking for.

But, what I do is set up a mini-help file in my HELP TAB and capture the initial output screen of the cli tool. Then I overlay it with the rest of the help files as one main or master help file. It surves as a genernal help resource instead of re-runing another dos console with the -h command every time I forget the commands of a particular tool. I used to fall in that hole every time, till I got wise
    That is a very good idea. I have honestly never thought to keep a running list of the commands that way. I would always have them handy then. Thanks for the thought.

This wasn't anything I was planning on adding to my own software. Just a one time project. I really like that idea for the help tab though.

Thanks again guys for the inspiration.
    Quote Quote