VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an MPEG file that I am demuxing in DLP and the audio file transcodes fine but it says that the video has an aspect ratio of 1:1. Is this possible? If this is correct how can I change the file so that the aspect ration will be 4:3 to be able to burn to a dvd
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can change the aspect ratio with DVD-Patcher.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the mpeg actually DVD compliant (within spec for resolution and bitrate) ? My guess is that it is not compliant, so you may get odd playback on different players.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is supposed to come out compliant because I converted it using Free Video Converter and set the specs to come out compliant. Maybe this converter is crap? Im on a tight budget so if you know any very good free converters that will allow me to covert the aspect ration, res, bitrate, etc. let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The combination of Avisynth + HCenc is a 'very good free converter'. But the usage is not trivial...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FAVC puts a nice front end on that. Keep the working folder and you can use the elementary streams it creates once it's finished to build your own DVD, or just use the one it authors.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote