VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These are Honey I Shrunk The Kids(PAL) and She Ra and He Man(PAL)

What happens is it seems to copy to hard drive ok but when I try to play back on VLC, MPC, PowerCinema etc nothing happens.

Well on MPC it plays but it only recognises the movie to be 15 sconds long(each of them) so If I try to move the slidebar to later in movie it just stops the movie.

Tried burning both to dvd and played on my 360, 360 HD DVD drive, Samsung DVD recorder and none work they just stop at the startup(like the 360 logo)

What can it be?

Tried DVDShrink, latest anydvd, dvd decrypter etc.

I used DVD shrink etc as it seems to do better on certain dvds than Anydvd.

I had this problem on St Trinians(again PAL) but DVD shrink did it ok.

What encryption do thay have?

EDIT I seem to have sorted it.

What I did was remove the things that appear at start that have warnings in different languages and the publisher adverts that come that are a few seconds long.

But why does this affect it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First, Shrink and Decrypter are old, not updated any more. They will have a problem with new releases.
    AnyDVD is only one up to date.
    The problem I found using AnyDVD is that it sometime messes up commands and DVD may not work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD is not the only software that can do new releases. Try the DVDFab products as well. Might work better than AnyDVD in some instances.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't speak for the DVDs you listed but I just completed ripping/burning "21" using DVDFab Platinum (ver. 5060) and it was the only application that worked. I also have 1clickdvdcopy pro/DVD43 and CloneDVD 2/AnyDVD HD. The combination of 1click pro and AnyDVD HD also didn't work.

Download from this website the trial version of DVDFab Decrypter with the Platinum and Gold options. This program has never failed to do the job for me, is very easy to use, offers free lifetime updates and upgrades if you buy it, and it's definitely less expensive than the CloneDVD 2/AnyDVD HD combo. To be sure, AnyDVD does offer features not available in DVDFab and is often updated faster to handle the latest copy protection schemes than DVDFab but the difference is seldom more than a couple of days. If all you want to do is successfully rip standard DVDs, I believe Fab Platinum is the best choice.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tinker
    First, Shrink and Decrypter are old, not updated any more. They will have a problem with new releases.
    AnyDVD is only one up to date.
    The problem I found using AnyDVD is that it sometime messes up commands and DVD may not work.
    Yeah I know they are old, VERY old I just use them as for some reason they seem to be able to decrypt all my movies instead of Anydvd which struggles on some like BBC ones.

Thanks for saying anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dekaspace
    Yeah I know they are old, VERY old I just use them as for some reason they seem to be able to decrypt all my movies instead of Anydvd which struggles on some like BBC ones.
    Thanks for saying anyway.
    Try to find RipIt4Me on net and download. It was and still is best ripper around. Still 98% of time usable.
    Quote Quote