VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys

I just got a generic mp4 player which seems to lose audio sync on almost every avi file I try (including files that play perfectly on my PC).

There are a couple of xvid files that I've tried which do play properly, but I've been unable to replicate this in any of the files that I've encoded myself. I've tried to use the same codec, copy the audio and video bitrate, and everythinig else I could find.. but it's still not working.

Can anyone recommend some software that will tell me the exact parameters used in a file for every configurable variable in an xvid avi.. and will then let me configure those parameters in my own encoding?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    media info, video inspector, g-spot
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Probably VBR audio, not the video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The two files that i found that WERE WORKING used VBR audi.. but I can't get virtualdub to encode using vbr. Can you recommend some software?
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the working files were using VBR audio (I'm assuming MP3), then the player surely can play CBR audio - in other words that's not the problem.

If you still wanted to fiddle with the audio, you need to have lame acm codec installed, and audio in full processing mode. You can choose ABR or VBR. Leave video as direct stream copy. Note you can only output into .AVI container with vdub. If you wanted .mp4 container, use avidemux (you said .mp4 player, but I don't know if it supports .avi). Another option is to use LameXP to process your audio to VBR or CBR - again I doubt audio is your problem

Post screenshots of GSPOT from working and not-working files. It probably has to do with B-frames, or packed bitstream.

Quote Quote