VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Just bought my first LCD HDTV, it was refurbished(What? It was over $140 LESS than buying new! As long as it worked....).

Tv works/looks perfectly fine except for a tiny little red dot near the middle of the screen.

I believe I've heard of various ways other people were able to fix this, but don't know any as i've never had this problem before(only other LCD display i own is my laptop screen).

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. probably not, as it may be the reason it was returned in the first place. if they sent it out again with a dead pixel as a refurb, you are most likely stuck with it.

if you google fix dead pixel and try the "fixes" and they don't work.... you saved some cash in exchange for a defective screen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    return the LCD TV if you're able to. just my 2 cents!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can try massaging it...but it often doesn't work
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although dead pixels on LCD monitors are now rare, they're still occasionally there especially on no-name ones. Any brand have policies on how many dead pixels have to be present before some warranty period is up then it considers them defective. This has to be noted because often, when even minutely inspecting an LCD monitor at the moment of sale with no obvious dead pixels, that doesn't guarantee it will remain that way when hauled home and used for a specified period.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I FIXED it!!!! :P :P

I looked up various sites and tried some stuff but it did not work. Finally i did the screen thingy here:
    http://www.killdeadpixel.com/

However after leaving that gif over the spot where the stuck pixel was for about 6 hours, NOTHING happened. In the end, i tried positioning it back over the spot where the stuck Red pixel was, and pressing the area a bit hard with my thumb(not TOO hard), and then removing it.

And it went away! Yay. Something about the liquid in the LCD display not getting around to every pixel, and by putting that square animated gif to "stimulate" the pixel area+pressing down with my thumb & removing, got it to function right.

Not sure but i guess thats the gist of it. Anyway the tiny red dot area, which was a stuck red colored pixel by the way and not a dead pixel, is now gone and the screen appears to be functioning properly.

This was a refurbished, Polaroid 19" LCD HDTV for $200, bought from this site:
    http://www.recoupit.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5469171/vpcsid/0/SFV/31197

The same Tv would've cost me about $330 at my local wal-mart, so i figured it was worth a try for the money saved. As long as it continues to work fine from now on!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <<<<<<<<<< CONGRATS >>>>>>>>>
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER
    Super[/url] Warrior]http://www.killdeadpixel.com/... positioning it back over the spot where the stuck Red pixel was, and pressing the area a bit hard with my thumb... And it went away!
    Thanks for the report. It's good to know that sometimes works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it probably didn't have anything to do with killdeadpixel...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    it probably didn't have anything to do with killdeadpixel...
    I think it did. Because i tried rubbing/massaging the area before, nothing happened.

After i placed the killdeadpixel gif over the area, and just pressed down a bit on that area of the screen and released, then it went away and is still working fine.
    Quote Quote