VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVIDeMux 2.4.2 freezes on me. It stops responding.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Was that the audio you saved from the original video through the use of virtualdubmod? If so, it is not a true PCM WAV.

Use avidemux to open your original video, in the audio sidebar drop down menu, select WAV PCM , then audio=>save (enter the name + extension e.g. "myaudio.wav")

It looks like your original movie audio was MP3, 48KHz, 128kbps. Did you know that you can re-encode and manipulate this directly without taking the intermediate steps of creating a PCM WAV file; or is this a learning exercise?

A true WAV file will look like this:

Audio
    Format : PCM
    Codec ID : 1
    Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
    Bit rate : 1411.2 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves

Also note that if your original audio was 128kbps, and you re-encoded it to a higher bitrate, you will not gain any quality. You will actually get worse quality and a bigger filesize if you use a lossy codec like mp3.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It works for me. I can't see your system specs, if you are on Vista, you might have to run as administrator

To get a video file with no audio, just use vdub, direct stream copy the video, and select audio=>no audio.

You can convert the audio file from vdub/vdubmod to a true PCM WAV with besweet or belight. I just tried this and it works too.

Can I ask WHY are you doing this? Converting a 128kbps mp3 => PCM WAV => 256kbps mp3? You are only losing quality and making it bigger
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried BeLight at the settings of WAV 16 bit stereo WAV and it's giving me compressed not PCM.

It works for me. I can't see your system specs, if you are on Vista, you might have to run as administrator

To get a video file with no audio, just use vdub, direct stream copy the video, and select audio=>no audio.

You can convert the audio file from vdub/vdubmod to a true PCM WAV with besweet or belight. I just tried this and it works too.

Can I ask WHY are you doing this? Converting a 128kbps mp3 => PCM WAV => 256kbps mp3? You are only losing quality and making it bigger
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you sure? Run mediainfo on your belight output file.

It worked for me: the size increased about 10x (from the original mp3) and it reads PCM in mediainfo (not MPEG audio layer 3 like the "fake" wav from vdub)

Did you set it up correctly? Besweet has to be in the same folder

Another option is audacity (free audio editor). Open your demuxed audio file and use file=>export as wav. Tested & working as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Works. Hang me it wasn't in PCM to begin with. Now it's encoding with Lame command. Lol
    Quote Quote  
  6. FYI if you set vdubmod in full processing mode and then save wav it works properly
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI if you set vdubmod in full processing mode and then save wav it works properly
    Thank you to you and everyone else who replied helping me. It was a pleasure. Now we can let this thread die peaceful. Best wishes, thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rocky12
    What is your source file codec? What container is it in? Run mediainfo(view=>text) if you don't know

Is this just a learning exercise? It would be much easier to use software with a GUI
    Since we are working with audio only not video. I post audio results.

General
    Complete name : I:\Apollo 13\sound.wav
    Format : Wave
    File size : 123 MiB
    Duration : 2h 14mn
    Overal bit rate : 128 Kbps

Audio
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3

Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    That is already an MP3 file.
    Some tools for extracting audio from video files (like AVI) just give every audio file a .wav extension.
    Just rename it to have an .mp3 extension.
    Quote Quote